• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Bhut vs. Tepin

andres said:
OK OK... According to my knowledge (and it is vast. Vast, I tell you!) the tepin is the same chile that we call chiltepe or chiltepin is it not? Or a close relative at any rate. I personally have never tasted the Bhut Jolokia but a chiltepe is not even on par with a mild habanero. The thing with chiltepes is that you can pack a lot of these lil bastards in any weight measures. But still, in my opinion a chiltepe or tepin is no competition for a Habanero, much less for a Bhut Jolokia. I have spoken... do not defy me.
I'm starting to like you. :lol:

lol ..
crazy guatamalan gonna slice us up (my kinda people)lol
seriously though if you have tasted either you would work out pretty quickly which is the super hot and which is great in central american cuisine.

it's a joke right

"is 10 tepins @ 100k Shu as hot as 1 Naga @ 1 mil Shu" its not, just get a bit of a sore stomach from all the tepins at once, and sweat a bit.. ill send up the vid 1 day lol

andres said:
OK OK... According to my knowledge (and it is vast. Vast, I tell you!) the tepin is the same chile that we call chiltepe or chiltepin is it not? Or a close relative at any rate. I personally have never tasted the Bhut Jolokia but a chiltepe is not even on par with a mild habanero. The thing with chiltepes is that you can pack a lot of these lil bastards in any weight measures. But still, in my opinion a chiltepe or tepin is no competition for a Habanero, much less for a Bhut Jolokia. I have spoken... do not defy me.

Tell it like it is Andres ;):lol:

i wonder whether the gentleman has bitten into a 'bhut jolokia' chile pepper? if not - he should, before commenting----

I was gonna say what Passow said a few posts up... leave the crazies on the other forums lol.

PS. Tabasco pepper is the hottest.

thehotpepper.com said:
PS. Tabasco pepper is the hottest.

so if the tabasco pepper is the hottest then Tabasco Sauce must be the hottest sauce...right? :lol: (tongue in cheek comment for those that don't know me)

Tabasco...

so-hot-031.png

A,j `s Tongue with Tabasco on..

making-fun-054.GIF

A.J Remembering he dropped a few drops of his new sauce in the fridge..

stuck-tongue-044.gif

Hotpeppa said:
so, this was the post i just finished reading in another forum regarding someone i know who is selling the bhut jolokia plants.

i want to invite this person here for chili fact faceoff.... is there any truth behind this persons words about the Tepin pepper ?

A pissing contest is not the same as chile growing.

Let them have the contest......... I'll grow chiles.

very very occasionally i can be funny obviously A.J`S Tongue is still stuck in the fridge..because id be getting a lashing by now :rolleyes::scared::whistle:

I gotta whole bag of tepins..i'd rather down em all tham eat a naga...

but, i'd prolly do both since tepins r weak.

tell yer dumbass freind..send me tepins and a naga..and i'll vid eatign the tepins..THEN the naga.

sillynesss

I had bih infused whisky coffee and leftoever burkina hab + wasabi pizza for breakfast.

Tepins aint shite. Don't even taste good.

why are people from canada so damm mean & pissy all the time, can somone please explain this to me, or ya'll quit comming to Florida cuz we don't like you.

a3eyedfish said:
why are people from canada so damm mean & pissy all the time, can somone please explain this to me, or ya'll quit comming to Florida cuz we don't like you.

Uhhh, what? Canadians are the nicest people around, next up are people from Amarillo, Texas.......

a3eyedfish said:
Maybe they just hate Mickey, lile a lot of folks :lol:

Back