• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bhut?

Helllllllloooooo all!
I have two plants that I purchased a couple of months ago from a nursery in town which I were told were bhuts. Personally, I believe they are but I am no expert. Here is a photo of one of the pepper plants that is now producing peppers. I tried one of these peppers way before it was ripe. Like three weeks old maybe. It wasn't hot, I tried one off of the second plant and it had a little bit of bite to it. For you bhut experts...Is it a bhut or not a bhut?
MBT_0112_1.jpg

I'm betting that's a bhut. If the pod skin looks wrinkled and gnarly, you know! Wait 'til they turn red, then see if they're hot...

Give it another week then post another pic that is a close up of one or two pods. It looks like a bhut at first glance but its too early to say for sure. Maybe someone with better eyes than me can be more certain.

I hope you're right. I have really been looking forward to trying one.

Give it another week then post another pic that is a close up of one or two pods. It looks like a bhut at first glance but its too early to say for sure. Maybe someone with better eyes than me can be more certain.
I'll take a few more picts next week.

I was thinking the same thing. Has the shape but the pods look shorter than what I'm growing. May still be to young.

Back