• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter 1920 :shrug:

Hello! I might as well try this. List is still in progress. Yes, I'm way behind, but who's in a hurry, anyway? Lol

Here's what has germinated and is now in the dirt. More to come. Waiting on germination.

Cinder F5
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F3 (Brown)
Volante
MustardGum NagaBrain
Purple BBG x 2
JPGS x Primo x 2
GSM (Grocery Store Mystery...Brown)
Brown Moruga
Black Panther
Berry Amarillo

Later added as germinated:
Rocoto Oculta CLEF
Caramel Moruga
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet
Purple Reaper

7kZ4znd.jpg

I'll leave this recipe for Depression Bread here...just in case...
7eMaxgF.jpg

Bhuter said:
Ha! Hi Eric! Yes! So true......I sent seeds to Neil and Charlotte! How funny!!!! They grew the Cinder this past season, too.

How are your Oro doing???

Thanks Eric! I can't wait for Roasted Hatch Chile's!!!!

Too cool! You got a mention on a Hippy Seed taste test vid!
Mine? The good news is they're healthy and growing, the down side is how slow to kick in they were. It's ok though, operator error, I think. I should get plenty of pods, Hatch Chiles too!

stettoman said:

Mine? The good news is they're healthy and growing, the down side is how slow to kick in they were. It's ok though, operator error, I think. I should get plenty of pods, Hatch Chiles too!
Awesome! I'll watch that here in a second!!! But speaking of those great people, the mail just came and these were in there from them
Gba3mM2.jpg

How amazing!!!!

stettoman said:

That was awesome! I'm not eating any pubescens seeds. Lol. Break what's left of my teeth. Lol. But THAT is how you eat a pod. Lol. Monster first year plant, too!!! Over 6 feet!!!

Thanks, Eric! That's fantastic!!!

hogleg said:
When ya grow em out I'd love to get some of those Orange Cobra seeds. Had my eye on those for a couple years now but dont order outside the states much.

Cheers!  :high:
How very funny! I grew out your Lanky Goat's weed a couple years ago, and you're the reason I got those orange cobras. They're annuums, do you have time this season? I'll just send you some of these.

Bhuter said:
How very funny! I grew out your Lanky Goat's weed a couple years ago, and you're the reason I got those orange cobras. They're annuums, do you have time this season? I'll just send you some of these.

Gwan and send em then!! I can keep a few alive thru the short winter here no prob if they dont set pods by thanksgiving.

So, I've decided to go the lazy route (of course) and leave the plastic down in the garden, dig holes in the soil through the existing spots, and loaded the holes with Pro-Mix and some other amendments. The local greenhouse carried the 2.8 cu ft bags for $18.99. I ordered 2 bags and one Death Spiral plant and it was only $40 delivered! So I'm doing it again today. I sold my Pimenta Puma, but they just happen to have one this year, so that's coming today. I'll see how close it really is. Lol

so-pmbio_1.jpg

Peach Volante
D1khhoS.jpg

Azabache Jalapeño
vTPWhme.jpg

Black Naga (left), Black Naga x Peri-Peri F3 (right)
i9xrvx0.jpg

d5X6kfr.jpg

Big Blue tomato (ShoreRider)
MP1nJl7.jpg

P4miNcl.jpg

This Venezuelan Tiger decided to fork early.
1ClAYjp.jpg

aISOkvK.jpg

Gonna pot up this Rhomboidium today
aw9zcJe.jpg

Piment d'Espelette (nice.chili---Colin)
pXtMvtp.jpg

Wild Galapagos Frutescens
T0kd917.jpg

kPv7Wz9.jpg

CGN 22184
CUwIb7p.jpg

Purple Reaper
bEIQsIw.jpg

Big Brown Rocoto
dBi2jP9.jpg

Bishops Crown
3yQQFT2.jpg

I'll get stuff together and cleaned up for a better view.

PaulG said:
Looks very good, Adam! Your plants are
definitely ready to accelerate. You may
need a little step ladder to harvest some
of the pods! Especially hay rhomboidium   ;)
Ha! No kidding, Paul! I'm ready to see those yellow flowers!!!!!
Yeah, COVID put the garden in stasis, too. Yes, acceleration is next and what they're late for. Lol.

Thank you, bud!

And I don't get this.......this seedling just sprouted at the base of Big Blue:
WEJF1Xz.jpg

Oh, and I found this at Family Dollar. I thought it was 3 smaller bags. But this 1 can go over a good portion of a plant, if not the whole thing.
rCeYh1G.jpg

And that peach Volante up there^^^^^^ has 2 isolated pods on it. It was 3, but one isn't growing. They were the first flowers to open and set before others opened.

Mildfruit said:
Beautiful pictures Paul! 

EDIT: haha I just realized my mistake I somehow thought I was in Pauls glog  :P
Nevertheless the pictures are beautiful, and Ive never heard about the Galapagos Frutescens, that will be interesting to follow
Awesome! Thank you! I got that Galapagos Frutescens from Pepper-Guru and he got it directly from a hiker on the island. I agree! This should be pretty neat! Guru has Flickr pics somewhere.

She dropped off my order from the greenhouse and here are their Pimenta Puma
7HQ9NpX.jpg

kM4UblP.jpg

YAfVy41.jpg

Looks like it's got enough food to suck on right now. Lol. But pretty good looking!

Back