• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter's 2017 Glog

Hello everybody!

This is my first glog and I know I'm really late with it. I've been growing superhots for a few years, but have never kept a record. So here it goes!

2017 Growlist

Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014)
BOC (Mine)
Black Naga (Mine)
Chocolate Lava (mpicante)
7 Pot Caramel (PL 2014)
Bishop's Crown
JPGS (Seacowboy 2014)
JRGS (Joefish 2014)
Chocolate Moruga Brain (Butch T)
Brown Moruga (PL)
Brazilian Moruga (Butch T)
BTR (Butch T)
CPR (Butch T)
Red Primo (Troy Primeaux 2014)
Yellow Primo (WM 2015)
CGN 21500 (WM 2015)
Peach Bhut (WM 2015)
Aji Fantasy Yellow (WM 2015)
PDN (WM 2015)
Pimenta Leopard (96Strat)
Aji Jobito (Hogleg)
Goat's Weed (Hogleg)
SB7J (Pex Peppers 2014)
Red Brainstrain (WM)
Brown Rocoto (TGCM)
Aji Limo Rojo (TGCM)
Aji Oro (TGCM)
C. Chacoense (WM)
Pumpkin Bubblegum (Ford's Thanks to BSH)
Big Black Mama x Caramel 7 Pot Madballz F2 (Mine)

I started my seeds in early February and continued starting seeds until April...just couldn't stop starting new varieties...again. I always take the cheap route and use plain old Miracle-Gro potting soil. It has always worked for me. I also start my seeds in paper towels then transfer them straight to 4 inch pots (I thought they were 3 inch, but they're 4). I use a 125w CFL for lighting and I usually grow around 30 plants. Here's the beginning.

z8fIW8B.jpg

I had crappy soil before this pic and some of these are bare-root transplants. But I did lose one...Chocolate Primo. It just looked funky after transplant.

Here they were just before plant out. Pic taken on May 4...with the addition of a few new seedlings and maters.

zGupmrR.jpg

Peppers planted out May 10.

Xz5EcpT.jpg

Then I ran into the bugs. The flippin' bugs. Judging by the damage, I'm guessing broad mites.

Kzw3c8h.jpg

But I soaped then neemed a couple times and things are looking up. I'll have to get a pic of what that plant (Goatsweed) looks like now. This is the latest pic with the addition of the nursery veggies.

PJRBb8u.jpg

That'll probably do it for now. Thanks for stopping by!

-Adam

PaulG said:
Hey, Adam, some great hauls this season, buddy!
Awesome pics of some great looking pods.

l agree with Indigo- the c. chacoense will dry just fine whole;
I used to slit my Goat's Weed just to speed up the process a bit.
Same with most long skinny pods, actually.

Congrats on a great season, my friend!
Thank you very much, Paul! I went ahead and took the advice and dried them all whole. It DOES take a lot longer for the Goat's Weed and the like to dry, but the C. Chacoense dried perfectly. I just pop the dried pods between my finders and drop in a Ramen or whatever. Sometimes I separate seeds, sometimes not because they're loaded. Lol. But I may slit the non-wilds next time for the same reason you stated. Thanks again!

Back