• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bhuter's 2018 Glog

Hello everybody! I'm late again to the adventures of pepper growing. Seeds didn't hit the towel until March 6, so I have some still below, some hooks, and some little plants. Not too much to look at right now but how about a growlist.

2018 Growlist

Red BBG7 (Ocho Cinco 2014)
BOC (Mine)
Black Naga x Peri-Peri F2 (Mine)
Bishop's Crown
Brown Moruga (PL)
Peach Bhut (WM)
SB7J (Pex Peppers 2014)
Pumpkin Bubblegum (Ford's)
Peach Scotch Bonnet (WHP)
OrangeGum TigerMAMP (GIP)
California Reaper (Tyler Farms)
Ramirez Stinger (mpicante)
BBG Peach Ghost Jami (Mojo)
Monster Apocalisse (Mojo)
Purple Ghost Scorpion (Mojo)
Chocolate Primo (Butch T)
PDN x 7 Pot Caramel F1 (Mine)
PDN x Bonda ma Jacques F6 White & Purple (PaulG)
Purple Flower Baccatum (Mojo)
Wartryx (windchicken)
Purple Flower BBG (Mojo)
PeachGum v3 (Mojo)
Biker Billy Jalapeño (Tyler Farms)
Cappuccino Scotch Bonnet (MikeUSMC)
Peach Clavo x Pink Tiger (Ford's)
Caramel BBG7 (WHP)
7 Pot Cinder Caramel F3 (also have F2 clone overwinter)

Lots of crosses, purples, & BBG. I also air layered a clone from the Caramel Cinder F2 last year (with the help of pepper-guru...thanks, Rich) and it's been in stasis until recently. Just starting new growth and already set a pod.

8U4MXPe.jpg

And here's the whole lot. I don't have much room...just what I can fit under a card table.

Cy0FhOj.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

tsurrie said:
What if all of the descendants will be ass hat's.... haha
...no seriously, this plant will surely be a fighter. It will grow big.

You have a nice selection of peppers Adam. Good luck with the grow!
Thank you very much! And I think you're right about this seedling being a fighter, Uros. I checked on it the next day and it was crispy. I accidentally let the top of the soil dry out, and with the root not very far down, it started dying. After an immediate bottom water and continued wetness, it appears to be alive. But one of the coty's was receding and I thought it was over...but again I think it stopped receding. Here's a recent pic:

6bd3OR1.jpg

I'll keep my eyes on this one. Fight, baby, fight! I started another seed of it, just in case. I know, still starting seeds. Lol

Here's a little early season pod on my little clone of F2 Caramel Cinder.

MwSGXwO.jpg

Walchit said:
Yep, my orange gum tiger mamps are purple, and pdn is purple so I imagine that is where the purple comes from on that cross.
Speaking of that cross I am excited to see how it turns out
So am I, Andy! I got pods from GIP last year and saved seeds. Here are what the pods looked like.
KEDIpUp.jpg

They were pretty darn hot, too!

Chilidude said:
Are those purple leaves normal for those chilis?

Bhuter said:
For the varieties crossed with Pimenta de Neyde, yes...purple usually shows.

Walchit said:
Yep, my orange gum tiger mamps are purple, and pdn is purple so I imagine that is where the purple comes from on that cross.
Speaking of that cross I am excited to see how it turns out

Bhuter said:
So am I, Andy! I got pods from GIP last year and saved seeds. Here are what the pods looked like.
KEDIpUp.jpg

They were pretty darn hot, too!

and here's what they looked like on the plant  :party:
QhV8PSz.jpg

bH4dr3e.jpg

JAnsYO1.jpg

A Beautiful  :hot:  and tasty cross 
originally from Mojo peppers

Your plants are lookin good Bhuter  :clap:

This morning I noticed some flowers forming on my 1 Pink Tiger x Aribibi Gusano plant  another purple foliage plant
i should snap a few pics and update my Glog too

I have both the 'cinder and the 'orange going this year. Both seem to be kickin' it ;)

The 'orange is a beautiful plant with deep purple leaves, which is experiencing a really nice growth spurt. It was really slow to germ, one of the very last, but is determined to catch up. I'll try to remember to post a pic...

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
flowers are just forming on the aribibi gusano x pink tiger they aren't open yet, but the calyx are just as dark purple as the stems 

yes i overwintered the Orangegumtiger MAMP  she doesn't look that great right now but she will bounce back this spring  and be even bigger  :dance:
I'm excited to see how that Tigerbibi grows. Yes! That's great news that you saved the OrangeGum variety. I sure hope mine grows true. Either way, it'll be a beautiful plant.

Back