• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Bhuts!

I Pm'd, Aspore, in response to one of his posts. I bought some Bhuts from him. He is great guy, as he sent more than I ordered! I froze 5. Tomorrow, I am going to eat one and use my new dehydrator to dehydrate the rest.

Take a look:

893bf081.jpg

Congrats! They look great, I can't wait until mine look like that. I might have to buy some myself. I'm anxious to try one

I did eat a bhut once, but it was a dehydrated one and I ate it a little at a time, with sips of milk in the middle.

I'm gonna go full Hippy Seed Folks style - put a whole fresh pod in my mouth - chew and swallow and wait 5 minutes until I attempt to soothe the pain with soft cheese and milk.

How were those packaged? I've got a handful of friends in New England I promised out some of my own Bhuts to, but not sure how to get them out safely and without going bad.

He put them in a large sealed ziplock bag an put the bag in a (inside bubble wrap protected) medium yellow mailing envelope. For the 2 day transit time, this packing held up fine.

It was something like this:

http://www.duckbrand.com/Products/mailing-moving-storage/mailing-envelopes/kraft-bubble-mailers.aspx

Very nice looking Bhuts!!! Mine look like yours only they arent ripe :( Are you growing Indian Carbon or Chocolate etc?

I've got some on order from him. Let us know how they taste. I plan on posting vid when i finally get to try one.

It is hard for me to give an accurate review, as I wussed out on my promise. I did eat one, BUT, in the middle of dinner, and always with some other food (Spare Ribs, Goat Cheese and white rice) in my mouth at all times. At first, it was very hot but bearable. When I got to the placenta and very back of the pepper, the heat became unbearable in the back of my throat and I had to walk around for a few minutes to calm down. It was very delicious, with a concentrated red pepper flavor. It tasted nothing like the dried Bhut that I once ate. The dried Bhut must have been smoked with some flavoring, or strong flavored wood.

A good buy and good eat!

Back