• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Big Black Mama X Caramel 7 Pot Madballz F1

Beautiful pods!

Bhuter said:
Now I just need to find somebody to review them. Lol.

-Adam

39929311-stamp-pass-in-red-over-white-background-Stock-Vector.jpg

In and out beautiful pods. All i see is placenta when there cut open.
Do they take a while to ripen, especially the lower half? I have a couple chocolate lava plants and the lower ends take longer to ripen.

Lovepeppers said:
In and out beautiful pods. All i see is placenta when there cut open.
Do they take a while to ripen, especially the lower half? I have a couple chocolate lava plants and the lower ends take longer to ripen.
Thank you very much! They do have more placenta than I was expecting, too. They sure do take their time ripening. You're spot on when you ask about the bottom end. It DOES seem to take a long time. The top end is ripened for a long time before the bottom end catches up. And another thing: They are extremely difficult to pick off of the plant. They are attached with such strength that force must be used risking breaking branches. Lol.

-Adam

Just some random pics from today.

hN1IliN.jpg

n5FXPWs.jpg

If left to ripen longer, they develop a great color!

hXJCqc4.jpg

This plant has been putting off great phenos.

aJVKGAJ.jpg

Those are some nasty pods. I thought the maroon madballz was one of the hottest I have ever eaten so I can't imagine the heat those monsters must have.

Jackson13 said:
Those are some nasty pods. I thought the maroon madballz was one of the hottest I have ever eaten so I can't imagine the heat those monsters must have.
They're pretty darn hot. One of the hottest I've ever tried. Thank you!

These are from the plant putting off great phenos.

QtQNnqu.jpg

sWsX4yw.jpg

BSTEqDy.jpg

karoo said:
Good looking peppers.
Still a bit green?
Or do you pick them that way.?
I guess I pulled a couple too early. I usually like to let them hang until fully ripened...which takes a long time. The top ripens just fine, but the bottom of the longer pods take a while. The top one looks greener in the pic than in person...but it's still green.

These were left to ripen a while. They turned more of a reddish color.

Ag8F6WC.jpg

Only 3 plates worth but I have a ton more to pick.

jvdLWHM.jpg

vv8fHCe.jpg

WIfEGUO.jpg

Now all I need is a dehydrator.

willow said:
Great fotos! Really good to see those bad boys so clearly. Great job and will be great to see how they develop.
Thank you very much! I'll have some isolated seed, so I'm going to plant a lot of F2's next year. I have 8 plants this year and will probably do the same next year.

az1000 said:
Great pods!
The taste is bhutish ?
Thank you! Actually, they are quite bland. I don't get any fruitiness at all. A watered-down flavor. Weird.

Back