• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Big Mike's 2013 Chile's

We are getting prepared for 2013 now!

Big Mike

22813plants.jpg

Good start. Those seedlings sure are green. Are you going to post a list? I've got a half dozen bhuts looking like your sleepy head. What is that one?

Here in Upstate SC, about 150 miles from you, I've got much the same thing going on with my seedlings and overwinters. Thanks again Mike for sending the Serrano and Pasilla Bajio seeds.

Tom

Sawyer - That one is a Bhut as well.

The list. Yes. For now:

7 Pod Brain Strain Yellow
Bhut Jolokia Orange
Bhut Jolokia Red
Bhut Jolokia White
Bradley's Bahamian
Carolina Reaper (HP22B)
Datil
Dorset Naga
Ecuadorian Devil's Breath
Fatalii
Habanero Chocolate
Habanero Red Carribean
Habanero Red Savina
Jalapeño Billy Biker
Jalapeño El Jefe
Jalapeño Vaquero
Kung Pao
Numex Big Jim
Sante Fe Grande
Serrano
Tabasco
Takanotsume
Thai Orange Fogo
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
Yellow 7 Pot

Well, we have had a little warm weather in the Atlanta area but I'm hoping for a good warming trend next week. I'd like to see those evening temperatures consistently above 50° F. At this point, I've planted Habaneros, Jalapeños and Serranos in ground. Some others already outside in containers are Moruga, Reaper, Thai Orange Fogo, Fatalii, Tabasco, Yellow 7-Pot and Bhut Jolokia Assam. I've given neighbors on both sides plants but I don't have the slightest hope that they will nurture them. Oh well.

Cuttings from a particular Habanero favorite from last year are in the ground now but look like hell. They need some sun and warmth. Basically, everything else looks fabulous. I've still got a huge inventory of plants under the lights. Overwintered plants are outside now too but only a few leaves so far. Going to surprise a couple more friends that gave me pods last year with some hardy seedlings in the next week of so.

Hope all is well for all of you.

Big Mike
Visit us Online:
www.knot2worry.us

Down to only a handful left that need a good home! I'll get some pictures of some plants outside now over the weekend. Things are going well.

I've passed this group of ten plants to my friend John K. this morning. Now I'm down to about a dozen left to give away. I've given away over a hundred seedlings this spring. That is fun.

Big Mike
Visit us Online:
www.knot2worry.us/chiles

Hooking%20up%20John%20Kane.jpg

I have 35 plants of my own out now (and have given away well more than 100 plants).  With some sunshine and warm weather finally arriving in Georgia, my plants are beginning to make some progress.

Big Mike
Visit us Online:

www.knot2worry.us

butchtfs1200wide.jpg

chabfs1200wide.jpg

dorsetnagafs1200wide.jpg

carolinareaperfs1200wide.jpg

Finally I have an update on our Chile Plants.  Click below to see our plants as of May 26, 2013.  You can click on the thumbnails for larger images.

CLICK HERE

Big Mike

Great list and plants looking awesome, question on last pic link post. Is the Orange Hab pot buried into the ground and why? Or is that some optical illusion o_O

Alas, it is true. The bucket actually has no bottom. 1/3 of it is buried. It's an experiment intended to 1) foil slugs, 2) conserve moisture and 3) take advantage of space.

Big Mike

Back