• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bigpapapepper's first time grow

Hey everyone i figured i would put up my glog today. this is my first time so please let me know if you see something i am doing that is totally wrong. Also i may put a question or two next to pictures where i am in need of some advice.

Thanks everyone and i apologize for any stupidity below!

These are my peppers that i bought as plants. 6 from refiningfirechilis.com [Yellow Jamaican Mushroom, Scotch Bonnet, Chocolate Jolokia, Yellow Jolokia, Butch T Scorpion, Moruga Scorpion], 5 from Smoking J's Fiery Foods purchased at the Herb Festival in Asheville [Moruga Scorpion, Fatali, 7pot Jonah, 2 7pot yellow], and 1 bhut jolokia from an ebay seller [I purchased this before joining the site and will not do so again, sorry for funding pepper terrorism]

5-8-12exotics.jpg

This is my little garden out back. I have several tomatoes in here as well as 2 Jalapeno, 1 serano, 1 Giant Marconi, 1 Giant Jalapeno, 1 Red Bell, 1 Blue African Basil, and 2 yellow squash. You can also see some pots where i have some more tomatoe, a Hungarian Wax pepper, a zuchini squash, and 2 Raspberry bushes. I know everything is super squished but basically its all i can do and im not as excited about everything here as I am about the potted exotics above!!

5-10-12garden.jpg

Little friend i found the other day

FriendlyLizard.jpg

Here are Yellow Bell Peppers and Purple Jalapenos i started from seed. These are the first seeds i have ever started and used Jiffy Seed Greenhouse.

Q. how long do i wait before i pot these guys? How often do they need water and nutrients? Any other advice?

5-8-12pjyb.jpg

These are some Orange Habs i started from seed.

Q. When do i give up on the little seedlings that i separated and stuck in the little white cup?

5-8-12orangehabs2.jpg

These are some Red Hot Cherry and some Red Habanero that are still in the peat pellets.

Q. When should i move these guys into cups? Do they just need to be watered when i can tell the pellet is getting light?

5-8-12redhabsredcherry.jpg

Thanks for any comments or advice! I love this site

I cant believe how good some of these plants look! The air pruned plants definitely look the best and I will use them more next year. even the 3 gallon pots are growing big ole plants! I have so many flowers now and finally even a few tiny super chiles. I will be doing another video soon for sure!

Here is my 2nd video glog update. The pods are starting to come forth! Once i get some big pods it will be time to do spicy pepper videos for the Marlins and the Dolphins!

Here is my latest grow video. Things are getting huge! i cant wait for ripe pods and the satisfaction of eating a self grown super hot.

Here is another video update. The pods are getting big and a few yellow are ripening! Cant wait till everything becomes ripe though. When i get a few i will take pictures!

Things are starting to change almost overnight! Now every day i go out i see a new ripe pepper. Wont be long before i am eating one of these things!

Red Moruga

8-6-12Moruga.jpg

Yellow Bhut Jolokia

8-6-12YellowBhutJolokia.jpg

Yellow 7 Pot

8-6-12Yellow7Pot.jpg

Fatalii

8-6-12Fatalii.jpg

Scotch Bonnet

8-6-12ScotchBonnet.jpg

Yellow Jamaican Mushroom Pepper

8-6-12YellowJamaicanMushroom.jpg

I have no idea what to do yet. I will probably dry a bunch of them for making seasoning. I counted and its over 70 peppers! There are about 5 of them i have not tried yet so i guess i will have to eat a few on camera too!

Yaaaaaabuddddy!

Lookin good man!
Don't give up on the smokin j's moruga( i think is the one you said doesn't look true),because my first harvest of my 7 pot infinity,and my FDA SB didn't look anything like the pics I looked up. Upon more reading, I've read that the first harvest usually puts out odd shaped pods. I'm still waiting on the 2nd harvest,as my first was absolutely HORRIBLE! I've been lucky enough to get hooked up in the mean time:) Now if we could maintain the sub 105 degree weather!!

That one moruga tho(the one you said was your biggest), I heard it calling your name..It actually said"EAT ME BIGPAPPPI,EAT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Anyone else hear that in the video?
:onfire: :fireball: :dance: :hell:

I did Fremp. I diddddd. Ahahhaaaa

That one took you down. Like Chris Brown. Ahahaaaa. Just kidding. Little joke. How was the taste?? Was it sweet, fruity, green, red?? Lol. Looking forward to more vids

Back