• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

annuum Biker Billy Jalapeno

I've been disappointed a few times now with jalapenos that turned out wimpy. So for 2009 I went to a local seed supplier and picked up a supposedly extra pungent version. As usual it turned out to be as hot as a green bell pepper. After doing some research I've discovered this Biker Billy Jalapeno sold at Burpee's. Anybody here grow this thing and is this the best and hottest jalapeno that exists?

Good question...I have heard some good things but have never tried them. I am hoping that they are good so that I can grow them next year. Hopefully some folks here can shed some light for you (us).

MrArboc said:
If you are looking for heat, maybe you shouldn't grow jalapenos?

Actually I grow all kinds of stuff with heat. Bih, Fatali, Datil, Burkina etc.

I'm just trying to find the hottest possible jalapeno, because I enjoy the flavor but want a nice burn as well.

I won't say the Billy Bikers are the hottest jalapeno but they are hotter than the jalapeno grandes, jalapeno heavens, and jalapeno Ms that I am also growing this year...

and by the way, I got my seeds from Burpee too..

Its not always the variety but the growing conditions that makes the jals wimpy. My mid summer jalapenos were very hot, but the ones I picked recently are quite mild. I do however recommend the biker billy and the jalapeno M, both grow well for me and have good potential for heat.

I grow them as well and I bought them for my 14yro son. Great for stuffing!! Some are large enough to stuff like a Poblano they do get HUGE. Decent heat I chop them for dips and pickle them as well.

Back