• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Birds-Eye vs My Left Nut

So....
I was outside this afternoon and I picked about half a dozen not quite ripe Birds-Eyes of my plant. If I let them get red, which is probably only a day away, then the birds will eat them before I get a chance. I stuffed the pods in the pocket of my shorts, and carried on doing a few things outside (actually getting organised to convert another 20 square metres of lawn into garden) and forgot about the pods.
When I came inside an hour later, I unloaded the pods onto the window sill to ripen as I normally do - but a couple of them had been cracked open while I was working which was no biggie.

A couple of minutes later I noticed a little tingle on the bottom of my left nut :onfire::onfire::onfire: . It never got as far as intense pain, but I certainly knew about it for 20 minutes or so.

So, the contest between the Birds-Eye and my left nut I will call a draw. Hopefully I learn a lesson from this and don't do it again in 3 or 4 months time when I hope to have some naga's ready.

dreamboat

Back