• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

black pearl question

so i got seeds from a guy on thp and its suppose to black pearl i just dont know if it was crossed or maybe it turns black but my plant is 100% green leaves, i took it outside to take the crappy pics but its inside still..
does it turn black overtime?
or does it need sun to turn black?
or is it just a cross and no black pearl :confused:

IMG_11981.jpg

IMG_11991.jpg

IMG_12001.jpg

That is not a black pearl plant. that's look ,likes a c. chinese type of pepper plant ( bhut jolokia , scorpions etc..)  black pearls are not there capsicum annuum.
blacl pearl plants have small leaves that can be greenish black

but im no where near a pro just a amateur could be wrong just my thoughts

lancecook said:
That is not a black pearl plant. that's look ,likes a c. chinese type of pepper plant ( bhut jolokia , scorpions etc..)  black pearls are not there capsicum annuum.
blacl pearl plants have small leaves that can be greenish black
its under weak lights is why the leaves are big, compared to my super hots those leaves are small lol

guess it crossed with something, now to wait and find out what with lol

Agree with what's already been said. Doesn't look like Black Pearl to me. I couldn't get a great shot of mine due to it getting dark when I tried, but this is a current pic of mine. It's looked the same ever since I got it from a local nursery a couple of months ago. 
20140327_192344_LLS.jpg

Mine's been in sun in a greenhouse since I got it, but was in a warm but shaded greenhouse when I bought it and had the same colour foliage. 

Back