• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Black Pearl?

This is my triple planted black pearl. One is taller and only bears a little purple on the veins of the leaves and stalk. Is that one some sort of cross.

BlackPearl.jpg
FroggyPearl.jpg

Were the plants always located near each other? That is, did they all receive the exact same amount (intensity and duration) of sunlight? Black Pearl gets darker with more sun and it's new growth tends to be green before turning black. Perhaps the taller one is greener because it is taller. The new growth should get blacker after a while. The slower growing plant would be shorter and thus blacker than the faster growing plant.

I tasted the pod.  The heat level is hotter than the jalapeno.  Maybe half the heat of an orange habanero.  The heat concentrated near the tip of the tongue.  Couldn't feel heat anywhere else.  Maybe not quite ripe.

If this is the second or more times you've grown it I would say its crossed with something else, they are right in saying that the pods of Black Pear are round also the plants are very dark purple and so are the pods which are not much bigger than a Pearl hence the name.

I have both plants growing the first is a Black Scorpion Tongue and the 2 after are Black Pearls, Bleak Pearls eventually turn red if you leave em on the plant long enough and the Scorpions do produce red pods from time to time.

IMG_0103.jpg
IMG_0121.jpg
IMG_0112.jpg

Back