• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Black pots? Blood & bonemeal?

Hello!
I hope i posted in the right place but here i go:

I bought a couple of 10litre buckets to use as pots as a budget sollution.

The thing is now that i'm probably going to move most of my plants to my brother in law's garden because they ar going to get much more sun there than on my balcony facing wnw somewhere.

Now i probably going to need bigger "pots" so they dont blow away & today i found black 5gallon cementbuckets for about ~3,5€ per bucket.
Does black work or is it going to be too hot for the roots?
If so i could just tape some white plastic bags around them.

Another thing:

I have bought some blood & bonemeal to use in my buckets that i was going to have on the balcony because that is a low risk that it is going to atract animals.
Is it ok to still use the meals when placing the pots on a lawn or should i get some other fertilizer?

We don't have any racoons here in Sweden & in this area it is unusual to see a bear.
Maybe rats and mice but how big risk is that?

I use 5 gallon black pots and they work fine. I only grow on my balcony. Bonemeal is high in Phosphorus so it's helpful to use when the plant start to bloom and grow fruit. Traditional bonemeal has an NPK of 4:15:0, but may also be amended so it may be 7:7:7. If you use it hold on on using it until the plant starts to fruit and then give it a dose.

Ah good to know there, thanx.:)

All information about this is wellcome.

I need to know before Friday when i'm going to buy the rest of the buckets i need & move my plants out of town.:)

As people know i bought 3plants(1 hab,2 Apache) but i went there again & saw that they had Jalapenos so i bought 3 plants of those.
Then i bought a Chayenne @ another place that was on sale if you became a member so i now have 7 plants.:)
I wait to take pictures until i replant them in the buckets probably.
My 3 first plants is growing & i think that they are going to grow even faster when they get more sun.
The harvest is going to be fun because i don't know how the Apache & chayenne tastes.

I would like to have more info please so if anyone know what he/she is talking about i would be happy.

Today i bought more buckets for the rest of the plants but a moment ago i saw in a thread someone mentioning that it's not ideal to transfer the plants directly from the small pot's they came in into the final 5gallon.
Is that big of a risk or could i just plant them in my muckets and look happy?

Anyone els that know if i should/could mix in some bone or bloodmeal from the start when i replant?

I transplant from 3" square containers to 5 gallon all the time...no issues here for me...

Back