• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

health black spots on pepper plants, need help

Hey, I have been having an issue with black spots on my pepper plants, possibly black spot virus.

Can anyone take a look at my pics and let me know what you think. Is it black spot virus ?

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pepper/msg0218001116327.html

also please scroll down on the link to the very bottom as i added new pics, and this seems to be now effecting my newest sprouts as the new sprouts have purple/ black leaves

I would follow the advise over there and pinch off the discolored leaves...watch and wait. The new seedling looks fine to me, maybe a little sun tan is all. Try not to get water on the leaves or splash any water while watering. BLS will spread through water droplets. Good luck!

yeah, the only problem is teh new set of pictures at the bottom of the thread is after i have removed all effected leaves about a week ago. Should i remove all leaves again? At this rate i'll have no leaves left in about a month

from the picutres does this look like Black spot to you?

msg0218001116327.0218355417922.jpg

Honestly hard to tell...I would just pick off any that look suspicious, bottom water and make sure you have good air flow and wait. stripping all the leaves may be necessary...but I don't think yet.

Back