• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

snack-food Blair's Death Rain Potato Chips

Ok, I just can't put this bag down and it keeps hurting me more and more! I've got a 2oz bag of Blair's Death Rain Habanero XXX Hot Kettle Cooked Potato Chips. I've had about 3 or 4 of his chips by nore and they are just too f-ing good.

Perfect Habanero heat mixed with a slight sweetness (form the cane juice). After about 1/2 the bag I really start feeling the burn all over my mouth, especially in the back of the throat where most Habs hit ya. But I just can't stop! I keep eating and eating until the colors around me start to brighten and I feel light headed...ahhhh...endorphine rush city! :mouthonfire:

Love that stuff. I am lucky enough to be able to buy them from many stores nearby (even a chain of Sheetz minimarts). I must say they are among my favorite chips. I know what you mean about not being able to put the bag down. I usually eat the big bag in about two sittings. The little bags go down one after another.

JayT said:
Love that stuff. I am lucky enough to be able to buy them from many stores nearby (even a chain of Sheetz minimarts). I must say they are among my favorite chips. I know what you mean about not being able to put the bag down. I usually eat the big bag in about two sittings. The little bags go down one after another.

So far I can only get this one type locally at Heathers Heat and Flavor. I'm going to ask him to start carring more of the chips because I'm gready and don't want to order a whole case from Blair....

they are pricey at 4 bucks a bag but real good.
I have eaten all of the different kinds and the habernaro is about the best .
the other are worth a try.

Ah yes, these bad boys are tasty.

Here's a pic in case anyone wonders.

image_046.jpg

Those and Tim's Jalapeno and Habanero are some of my favorite chips. :)

I have never tried them... but my favorite snack is a Mexican taco snack called Takis Limon Ardiente. They are made by Barcel, the Mexican equivalent of Lays. They are hot and sour and irresistible. Sorry to step off subject but I had to say it. If you ever get a chance try them out.

Sorry for the late reply to this but these are a staple of my snacking. Highly reccomended.

For those of you who want to try these and are going to the Jungle Jim's show in Cincinnati in August, they do sell them there. Please though save at least 5 bags for me.

The farm market on my way home carries all the Blair's salsa/cheese dips, Death Rain dry rubs (not Nitro though), and about 4 or so flavors of hot sauce. However they have all flavors of the chips as well. Right down to the naked chips. I have a hard time finishing the bag of the Habanero chips, but it is pretty damn good. My favorite, though i wish it was hotter, is the Parmesan chips. Awesome flavor, but way too mild.

:onfire::onfire::onfire:

I finally got around to trying these and wow, they were an awesome potato chip (hence the 3 jumping fireballs).

IGG, if you guys up there have Sheetz, that's where I found my bag.

Thanks guys for your recommendations...

millworkman said:
I have been enjoying my Lay's Jalapeno kettle chips very much lately, they are quite tasty.

If ya can get the Tim's Jalapeno chips locally, they are great. Also, they have Habanero, Wasabi and a bunch of other Mexican flavors.

tims_jal.jpg

Nice kettle-cooked potatos and almost as hot as Blair's. I got the Family Size for like $3 at my outlet store.

Bro and I watched a movie other night, munching those chips with THSC's NagaSav as dip...Awesome.

oh, yeah. I almost forgot about these:
CapeCod-JalaChed.jpg

They're what's available down here and they're pretty damn good actually....i just dont get them too often because i'm not a really big potato chip fan.

Back