• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bleash 2011 Grow Log

Hey guys,

I finally decided to start my 2011 grow log.

First things first, the list:

• Fatalii
  • Cayenne
  • Jalapeno
  • Hot Lemon
  • Rocoto Red
  • Black Pearl
  • Pimenta de Neyde
  • Chocolate Habanero
  • Italian Long Pepper
  • Trinidad Scorpion
  • Trinidad Scorpion CARDI
  • Trinidad Scorpion Douglah
  • Piri-Piri
  • Naga Morich
  • 7 Pod Brain Strain
  • White Bullet Habanero - been germinating for 4 weeks, so far nothing happened.
I know its not much but its already more than I can manage with the limited space I have available.

My goal is to have a little bit of everything in the least amount of plants possible.

Notice the heat range that goes from the mild Hot Lemon to super hots like Naga Morich or Brain Strain or Douglah.

Pod colors range from Yellow to Red, passing through Brown and Purple.

Pod variations also covered, from tiny the Piri-Piri to Italian Long.

Also, I have at least one plant from each of the five domesticated species.

Yep, when you need to do it small you tend to care with a lot of unimportant details...

Bleash

Another update, this time with my pics of my own plants.

First pics of my Trinidad Scorpion CARDI

DSC02374.jpg

and a close up on some of the fruits

DSC02369.jpg

They should have stingers but seems like I'm out of luck

Bleash

How do you know when the pimenta da neyde is ripe? How does this one taste?

Since the pods don't change color its impossible no know when they are ripe.
I eat them when I get tired of seeing them on the plant.

They have the usual chinense flavor, just not that strong. Very nice heat as well.

Pics of my Douglah...

the plant, full of buds
DSC02380.jpg

a pod
DSC02377.jpg

another pod... this one appears to be starting to change color :)
DSC02376.jpg

Bleash

Another update

My Jalapeno is finally producing, unfortunately its a small plant so I'm not expecting a great harvest.
DSC02400.jpg

Rocoto Red Flower, no pods on this one yet
DSC02403.jpg

I really like this next picture.
This is my Yellow Scorpion that looks more like a Yellow 7 Pod
DSC02395.jpg

I found aphids on one of my plants but I isolated her from the others and, so far, no damage has been done.
Aphids are my nemesis.

Bleash

Douglah
DSC02397.jpg

close up on the fruits
DSC02399.jpg

I noticed something strange in the leafs of 2 or 3 plants...I have no idea what this is, or even if it is something at all
DSC02401.jpg

Should I worry? I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on it.

Bleash

Beautiful pics. Those Douglah pods especially have great color. I've yet to have any ripen here myself, they appear to be my slowest.

Funny, your yellow scorpions don't look much like my yellow 7s, maybe it's because mine look like yellow scorps... I have 3 varieties of Yellow 7s growing and they are all different, one even went red! Anyway, the 2 that are near-yellow probably look more like "scorpions." I've seen posts about 7pods and scorpions being the same general, at least as catch terms for quite a diverse group of peppers. I'll be curious to see what color they turn...

Hey guys

Beautiful pics. Those Douglah pods especially have great color. I've yet to have any ripen here myself, they appear to be my slowest.

The Douglah is probably the biggest surprise plant of the season. She grew fast, put out lots of buds and the pods are hot as hell.
Give them a few more days, when they change color they will blow your mind with all that hotness. :mouthonfire:
I'm definitely gonna grow this variety every year from now on.

Funny, your yellow scorpions don't look much like my yellow 7s, maybe it's because mine look like yellow scorps... I have 3 varieties of Yellow 7s growing and they are all different, one even went red! Anyway, the 2 that are near-yellow probably look more like "scorpions." I've seen posts about 7pods and scorpions being the same general, at least as catch terms for quite a diverse group of peppers. I'll be curious to see what color they turn...

Funny that your 7 pods look like scorpions and my scorpions look nothing like they were supposed to look.
I believe my plant is an hybrid or a mislabeled yellow 7 pod.
Anyway the pods are very tasty and I'm hoping I have a good harvest so I can make powder from it.

Bleash

Back