• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Blue Mystery Pepper ( pepperlover )

wildseed57 said:
Hey Jim, PM me I have plenty of seeds for you, Judy's Blue mystery is one of my favorites that I'm now growing every year. I would be more than happy to seen you some.

George W.
Hello George,
I have some Blue Mystery seeds that I may grow.  What is their SHU rating, do you think?
Thanks.

Andrew

Ambiotic said:
Hello George,
I have some Blue Mystery seeds that I may grow.  What is their SHU rating, do you think?
Thanks.

Andrew

I wouldn't feel comfortable giving a rating,but they are similar to any C.praetermissum in terms of heat. They are quite different overall though.  If you have ever eaten tepin or frutescens,then expect something similar to that,maybe not as sharp though. It is a grow for show,and an incredible plant,but for eating I would go with something else. Definitely grow it though!

I will have to dig alittle to find plant photos.

15273194435_f6e7693593_b.jpg

15060642612_875bf355c0_b.jpg

Anyone ID this one yet? I crossed mine with a trin scorpion BT so my guess is a c.pratermissum. there is some variations so I wonder what the parents might be?

Peppermafia said:
Anyone ID this one yet? I crossed mine with a trin scorpion BT so my guess is a c.pratermissum. there is some variations so I wonder what the parents might be?
Hard to say. I wouldn't count out baccatum being in the mix with C.praetermissum. The fruits are not deciduous like praetermissum. That could come from baccatum genes or even annuum like some speculate. The growth habit makes me lean towards baccatum.

There are a lot more of these possible C.praet x C.bacc crosses that are popping up like PI 11441654,Cumari Alongado,Blue Mystery,to name a few. I expect an increase in them with more growers branching out away from supers and with people seeking new stuff from SA. Plenty of "purple flower baccatums" are being mentioned in forums also.

Back