• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bob_B June 21 Update

Well, it's getting to be challenging with the sweltering heat. Roughly 9 days or so with 98 F and 110 heat index. I don't remember it like this in mid June. I lost several sweet bells to sunscald in merely a day when I was working. Other than that, I can't complain as I'm starting to pick and make salsas and sauces and such....

7 pot Jonah:

IMG_1210.jpg

7 pot Jonah pods:

IMG_1212.jpg

Red chiltepin:

IMG_1224.jpg

More....

Yellow chiltepin

IMG_1223.jpg

Earthbox bells (I had to get these out of the full sun because of sunscald)

IMG_1221.jpg

Garden plot:

IMG_1220.jpg

More...

Grenada Hot:

IMG_1219.jpg

Datil (This one is finally starting to grow - man is it slow!)

IMG_1218.jpg

Mammoth jalapeno:

IMG_1217.jpg

Pimento de Padron:

IMG_1216.jpg

More...

Piri Piri:

IMG_1215.jpg

Harolds St. Bart (This is a really healthy plant - 3rd season and loaded)

IMG_1226.jpg

Yellow Rocoto ( it's loaded but they're very slow to turn)

IMG_1227.jpg

looks like your season is really kickin' it into high gear Bob...great shots..

Bob, I really like the perfect pea shape on that yellow chiletepin! Where did you get the seeds for those? Can't wait to see those Jonahs and these yellow tepins put on their new colors!

Nice plants located at a lovely place :) I want to be there too, Ill have to go to my kitchen and sit next to my growtent and imagine i have a outdoor garden like that :P

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I do enjoy this hobby because of the comradarie. I love looking at everyone's peppers...

I do indeed love the Harolds St. Bart. It's a neat looking plant for sure and the pods are big, hot, and flavorable. I think I'm going to smoke them and powder them. It is hot but not superhot class. I remember last year a whipper snapper friend of one of my sons came by and decided to eat one. Too bad I didn't take photos because it was hilarious - in fact I never saw him again. LOL.

I actually bought the yellow chiltepin from Cross Country 3 seasons ago, along with the Harolds St Bart, and have babied them through 2 winters. The yellow chiltepin loves shade and overwinters easily here. I never even took it in the pool house when it froze here. No doubt it's a hardy plant as is it's cousin the red chiltepin.

If anyone is interested in seeds from any of my plants, I will definitely send you some. Just let me know.

On the side, it's raining finally and it's so cool. I don't have to water tomorrow......

Cheers to everyone!

Bob_B said:
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I do enjoy this hobby because of the comradarie. I love looking at everyone's peppers...

I do indeed love the Harolds St. Bart. It's a neat looking plant for sure and the pods are big, hot, and flavorable. I think I'm going to smoke them and powder them. It is hot but not superhot class. I remember last year a whipper snapper friend of one of my sons came by and decided to eat one. Too bad I didn't take photos because it was hilarious - in fact I never saw him again. LOL.

I actually bought the yellow chiltepin from Cross Country 3 seasons ago, along with the Harolds St Bart, and have babied them through 2 winters. The yellow chiltepin loves shade and overwinters easily here. I never even took it in the pool house when it froze here. No doubt it's a hardy plant as is it's cousin the red chiltepin.

If anyone is interested in seeds from any of my plants, I will definitely send you some. Just let me know.

On the side, it's raining finally and it's so cool. I don't have to water tomorrow......

Cheers to everyone!

I'm gonna send you a PM right now!;)

Back