• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bodeen's 2012 Grow Log - THE END!!!!!

Anxious to get dirt under my nails, so I might as well start this thing off.

Got an unfinished basement that is mainly storage. It has an old 1957 bathroom in it. I tore that out today and will be using that as my grow room as soon as I get it done. It is small enough a small heater will keep my temps in check. (Pictures of progress will come once I get it looking better lol)

Last year I built a grow table and this year I am putting up a shelving unit with grow lights on many of the shelves.

My one garden area that will be expanded on this year I believe. 40x30

garden1.jpg

My other garden which is longer, but not as wide.

garden2.jpg

Then I put this row in last year and my thoughts we strawberries, but it might be a row of peppers.

garden3.jpg

Ugggh

rabbit.jpg

My motto is Rabbit eats garden, Gardener eats rabbit. They are the reason I have to fence the gardens
icon_sad.gif

I also plan on doing some peppers in pots this year.

My tray of peppers last year went 71 out of 72 popped. Hope I can get these results this year.

Thanks Paul, I hope you are as well. I am diving head first into fall fishing season right now. Can't seem to get motivated for early deer or fall turkey season. I did pull me a fine silver last Saturday night.

Silver10-13-2012.jpg

Thanks Paul, I hope you are as well. I am diving head first into fall fishing season right now. Can't seem to get motivated for early deer or fall turkey season. I did pull me a fine silver last Saturday night.

Silver10-13-2012.jpg
Hi Bodeen
Cor, what's that? It looks like a Wiper... kinda small for a Striped Bass. Nice looking White Hab jelly. I bet it'd be good warmed up with and stirred into cream cheese and used as a spread for toast or on bagels too...

Made this omelet with the entire Cayenne pod. It had good heat and a really nice flavor. Of the omelets I have made so far, this has had more heat than all but the red savina.

ChocCayenneOmelet01.jpg

ChocCayenneOmelet02.jpg

ChocCayenneOmelet03.jpg

ChocCayenneOmelet04.jpg

ChocCayenneOmelet05.jpg

I also was able to fight the frost off on a couple plants that had a ton of pods and score a decent harvest for mid October.

OctoberScore.jpg

Nice little batch o' pods, Bodeen! Mid October harvests rock!
Fatalis? Devil's Tongues? If you are like me, you just have to
wait and see if more pods will ripen :lol:
I see the Christmas Cactus is starting to bloom!

Those are bhuts. The latest ripening bhut seems to be an orange variety. Stumps me on the color. Also had some Bajio and Jamaican yellows. About 5 savina pods ripened on the bush I was using to frost cover the Jamaican. Stuck those in the fridge for omelets.

The other Christmas Cactus is really blooming. The jade plant is piling up blooms as well. Gotta get the plants outside with some temps in the 40s in order for them to set blooms.

Still got some green ones out there and some 70 degree days this week. Hope more make it....even though I am relishing the break!!!

Got me another harvest yesterday. Bhuts are about all picked off and just need the rest of the bajio to ripen. Might not happen though. Not bad considering its almost November in NW Indiana and I still have healthy plants in the garden. Some of the bhuts that were done and had no leaves on them were trying to leaf out again.

Harvest10-26-2012.jpg

Looking really good for late October

10-26-2012Jamaican.jpg

Put the gardens to bed to hibernate a few months.

BackGarden.jpg

FrontGarden.jpg

Hi Bodeen
It's been cool watching your grow this season, and even more cool seeing what you do with your harvests. Keep up the good work, and we'll look for your glog next season. Cheers!

awesome glog.. and season !! glad and sad at the same time.. was fun watching the way you utilized the peppers... thanks again for the care package.. =D looking to see you back..

Back