• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

bonchi grow log (everyone can post)

this is the grow log for the bonchi challenge. i am trying to limit the rules down to a few. IF YOU ARE NOT FROM THE US YOU CAN STILL BE A PART OF IT YOU JUST WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE THANK YOU.

RULES.
1. everyone entered must have a seperate variety of plant. meaning if two people want to both enter a bhut jolokia. an agreement must be reached to where one person must choose a different type. if an agreement cant be reached the person who was first to reserve that plant gets to have that variety.
2. you must reserve your plant(s) on this thread asap.
3. limit of two different varieties can be reserved.
4. you must have 3 photos uploaded before or on the day of the end of the contest. one photo showing height of plant. another showing the canopy of plant. one more photo of your choice showing your plants best feature or a really nice photo.
5. your plant must be 2ft. at max. height including pot.
7. if you decide to fuse or graft your bonchi there is still a two variety limit so you must graft either the two varieties together or you can graft multiples of the same variety together.
6. your bonchi can be any type of pepper. wild, super-hot, rare, mild etc.
8. all three photos must be submitted to this thread by MONDAY, DECEMBER 16TH 2013. That should give you enough time to grow, cut down, then regrow as a bonchi.

I would like to reserve my two varieties now sepia serpent and 7pot primo http://thehotpepper.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/fireball.gif

goodluck everyone and feel free to post other bonchi experiments in here just note that those are not the contenders

How's everyone's bonchi doing?

We need to see your bonchi. That will have to keep us up to competition. Just saying. Here's mine. I just potted up and gave it some worm castings.

IMG_20130510_193939.jpg

, Vegas

Thanks Nightshade!  Though I am only showing the best looking plants in my pictures :)

Stupidjerk that knot looks great now that it is getting that woody look.  Even with the fusing I think it will look amazing.

Heres pictures from my candidates! Its been a long time since i visited this thread but oh well :)
Sorry for blurry and large picture, i took them just a second ago and its pretty dark here...
Hope you guys forgive me and are happy to see my plants! have a nice day :) Regards Simon
photo20130521221929.jpg
photo20130521221914.jpg
photo20130521221922.jpg

Edit: Yes it rains... But its been hot these last days for being Sweden, actually in the sun it was 39 degrees celsius 2 days ago! :D

simonwtd said:
They have really started to set off now, Chris!
I even have pods on some of them!
Sweet!
The only thing podding up in my grow right now is a couple small serrano plants...lol

Hopefully by fall, it will all be insane though (1,200 plants growing)

I hope you have a lot of ibuprofen and a good physical therapist because after picking those pods chris you will need both

I like the plants simon

Haha chris ive been looking through your glog a little bit, and dude thats sick!
Thanks nightshade! :)
Best of luck to both of you

Here's mine so far. Now it's forking and looks like it wants to bud.

20130603_222403.jpg

20130603_222256.jpg

Don't mind the dirty finger, I was potting up a few ;).

, Vegas

Nice progress and the heat fried my two while I was out of town so I changed my picks. I will post a picture once I fully wake up

Back