• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

bonchi grow log (everyone can post)

this is the grow log for the bonchi challenge. i am trying to limit the rules down to a few. IF YOU ARE NOT FROM THE US YOU CAN STILL BE A PART OF IT YOU JUST WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE THANK YOU.

RULES.
1. everyone entered must have a seperate variety of plant. meaning if two people want to both enter a bhut jolokia. an agreement must be reached to where one person must choose a different type. if an agreement cant be reached the person who was first to reserve that plant gets to have that variety.
2. you must reserve your plant(s) on this thread asap.
3. limit of two different varieties can be reserved.
4. you must have 3 photos uploaded before or on the day of the end of the contest. one photo showing height of plant. another showing the canopy of plant. one more photo of your choice showing your plants best feature or a really nice photo.
5. your plant must be 2ft. at max. height including pot.
7. if you decide to fuse or graft your bonchi there is still a two variety limit so you must graft either the two varieties together or you can graft multiples of the same variety together.
6. your bonchi can be any type of pepper. wild, super-hot, rare, mild etc.
8. all three photos must be submitted to this thread by MONDAY, DECEMBER 16TH 2013. That should give you enough time to grow, cut down, then regrow as a bonchi.

I would like to reserve my two varieties now sepia serpent and 7pot primo http://thehotpepper.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/fireball.gif

goodluck everyone and feel free to post other bonchi experiments in here just note that those are not the contenders

I use Alaska brand fish fertilizer on anything from peppers to bonsai orange and lime trees. I use it on a lemon tree too. Personally I saw results using that 24hours after use. You can grab some at Wal-Mart for 8 bucks or less

8 bucks is a good price but think the $1000 flight and luggage fee might be a bit of a deal breaker. lol

Been looking at different products this weekend so will be picking something up during the week and hopefully see an improvement on my plants for next weekends update to my glog.

Oh yea that might be a little much lol but if you can find fish fertilizers I would highly recommend it let us know what you decide on

Ok so I decided which one to reserve, and I'm going with the Red Brazilian Starfish. Here's a pic of what I'm working on, nothing to stellar. First time pulling off something like this. Pic.

IMG_20130322_182113.jpg

,Vegas

Nice 1 Vegas, I likie! The way the purple just stops on the stem looks cool, be nice if the grow out like that but not sure if they will.

I mentioned last week that I will be re tying the string to create another bend, well I did and then I had to undo it again to give the plant I bent around a chance of up righting itself again. I tried to go for a pretty radical bend where it looped around the whole stem system but it didn't stay like that once I left the string go. It's sort of stay have way so might try it again this week. Any ways here's a pic.

AJIcKJBedR%2023rd%20MARCH.JPG

Not a very good picture, sorry. Hopefully next weekend I will have a better one to show what I mean. I don't think I will be trying too much more of the main stem twisting after this next week because I feel it is definitely stressing the growth of the plants a lot. So one more try and getting this full twist in and then I'm going to try and part the canopy of the three plants and grow them out wards more. Just let them do their thing for a while to get stronger and then I'll reek havoc on them again. mwwwwahhhahahah! (evil laugh)

O & O for now
Pete

Looking nice PJ! Any twist is a good twist. It just looks good on any bonchi/bonsai. just look at mine LOL! Ghetto twisted the thing like a pigtail. Anyway I chose that one because its a baccatum and on that fatalii website it mentions that baccatums can fuse stems easier than other species. Another reason is because I just love how baccatum flower look with those golden specks on the flower. The pods.... Dang that's just gona be another reason, because it's a starfish shape. I am kinda worried about how it's gona come out because the pods hang and I never grown it or anything. Oh what the heck, let's find out :D.

,Vegas

Here is a side project :)
A seven Serrano seedling fusing attempt....
I just unpotted them, cleaned off the roots, trimmed off the cotelydons, tied it together low, repotted them, twisted a little, and tied them in 2 more spots...
I figure they would make a good trunk.

IMAG1604_zpsad8d8945.jpg

Just a quick shot of my son holding my best potential bonchi. We get extra points for cute kids, right? :)

IMG_20130325_193319_735_zpsc12d51f1.jpg

Definately deserve points for getting a kid interested in peppers! Our daughter could care less, and the boy only cares about eating them...lol....at least he likes habanero and superhot peppers though ;)

This looks so illegal :D.

,Vegas

Hahahaha, it kind of does.....
"Illicit Serrano Tampiqueno Bonchi"

My project candidates are still tiny little seedlings, so nothing to post on any of them just yet :(

My sepia serpent is kicking into light speed its pumping out a new set of leaves everyday its still smaller so I don't have anything to post a picture of either but give it a week and it should be good to go as for my primo its growing as fast as a little kid walks when he sees a huge rollercoaster. Poypoy you are making great progress and cute kid. Nice one Pj!! Chris I saw that picture and all I could think was it reminds me of a video I saw of a subway in China where everyone is all smashed together!

The first thing I do when I get home from work is give my wife and kids hugs. After I hug my two year old he asks "Daddy check pepper plants?" and then we go downstairs and check to see how they are doing. Gardening is going to be so much fun this year, though it is always a blast :)

Here is my Jalapeno overwinter "stick" that is starting to get all kinds of new growth :)
It started at the bottom of the "trunk", working its way up.
I'm hoping iNew growth buds get to the "branches", so I can trim off the growth on the trunk.
Otherwise it will be a poor looking Bonchi...lol

IMAG1606_zps78d452f4.jpg

The first thing I do when I get home from work is give my wife and kids hugs. After I hug my two year old he asks "Daddy check pepper plants?" and then we go downstairs and check to see how they are doing. Gardening is going to be so much fun this year, though it is always a blast :)

You are so lucky!!

The neighbors are our gardening partners, and their kids love it.
The kids come over constantly, wantimg to help plant, or even more so, water.

Our kids are 16 year old twins (boy and girl) are far more interested in boyfriend and girlfriend, video games, internet etc......
Although the boy took a small interest in the 940 pepper plants/seedlings/hooks last night, so I showed him all of them.
That's the most interest I have gotten out of him yet....lol

The daughter did plant some flower bulbs the other day, but as usual, I am the one watering them....

Chris I would start training those branches into more of a bonsai shape and also I have an overwinter that I got from a generous guy on here that I am regrowing into a bonsai that I give fish fertilizer to and its exploding with growth everywhere. I might just change one of my choices to that one but I can't until I have a pod from it because at the moment it is unknown

Going good here, will upload pic on friday! My Aji Cristal was way bigger than my Bolivian Rainbow, but the Rainbow is growing real fast now!

Nice my plants are starting to move really fast had to pot up my sepia serpent from the container it was in its getting pretty big now I'm trying to train it to grow its roots outward instead of down

All of my candidates are ready to get potted up. I ordered some 1 gallon nursery pots yesterday so once those get in I will be potting up the biggest and baddest peppers. I still have two months until I can get things in the ground.

I'm definitely not ready for 1 gals yet but when I am I'm going to get some promix and if you guys don't watch out I might be entering a wild variety possibly an eximum

Back