• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

BONCHI

I grew a bonchi, accidentally. Basically, I found a volunteer aji lemon drop, which had already hardened off at the base, even though it was only about 3 inches tall. It was growing in chunky pine bark, so there was really no root support. 6 months ago, I put it in a solo cup, and have just fed it fish emulsion and seaweed. The leaves have stayed teeny tiny, and although it's gotten bushier, it's absolutely bonchi-ish. It's even made quite a few pods. Very healthy little plant, although miniature.

Does that count? :)

The three plants I cropped last year I let grow normally this year and found the leaves are smaller then the regular plants and much tighter bunching, interesting affect.

solid7 said:
I grew a bonchi, accidentally. Basically, I found a volunteer aji lemon drop, which had already hardened off at the base, even though it was only about 3 inches tall. It was growing in chunky pine bark, so there was really no root support. 6 months ago, I put it in a solo cup, and have just fed it fish emulsion and seaweed. The leaves have stayed teeny tiny, and although it's gotten bushier, it's absolutely bonchi-ish. It's even made quite a few pods. Very healthy little plant, although miniature.

Does that count? :)

Can you post a pic ?

Can you post a pic ?
At the moment no, but when I get back home, I'll try. (I work out of town during the week) I've got a photobucket account, but I can't get into it. Too lazy to create new... LOL

Back