• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bonda Ma Jacques flavour

Mine from last year. Tasty treats!!! lol @ Nigel's anti Bud Light stance!
BONDA_zpse2d39ede.jpg

Could very well be! No telling with those things. Sometimes everything is labeled with who put what where when and some aren't. Hope so though. Damn good tasting!!

Datil said:
My Bondas from 2012 season:

Brutally hot and full of flavor, sadly i'm not the biggest chinense fan but many out there should switch to this from standard habaneros for an extra kick ;)
The plants also had ZERO issues.

Cya

Datil
Mine look like this.

BMJ is one of my favorites for flavor, heat, and yield of ripe peppers before other chinense. I like that the flesh is thicker than most chinense peppers. My 2011 crop was cross pollinated, by what I believe was 2 different sources, wild brazil, an an unknown annuum. I grew plants from both in 2013 and selected my preference from both growouts. The annuum cross is showing outstanding vigor. The growth rate in the flats was double the most vigorous of all my other varieties. The wb cross is even more interesting to me. I'm looking forward to seeing f3 fruit on both soon.

I grew the Bonda ma Jacques last year and I, too, found it to be pretty hot. 
Here's the thing: I don't particularly care for the flavor of Habaneros at all; however, if you like that
flavor, then the Bonda ma Jacques would be great for you.  It has an overwhelming Hab flavor, and the aroma
goes right into the sinuses.  They were too much for me, so I made them into bacon-wrapped poppers...
and they were still mighty hot.

Josh

It has an overwhelming Hab flavor, and the aroma goes right into the sinuses.  They were too much for me . . .

Welcome, Josh, and that's a helpful review.  That essence I think you're describing I call the "Chinense skunk", and it has put me off some pods I really expected and wanted to like.  Fortunately, not all Chinenses are created equal.

Thanks for the welcome, Swellcat.
Indeed, thankfully they're not all created equal.
I really like the Datil, for example, with its much brighter flavor
and milder Chinense note ;)

Josh

Back