• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

bonda man jacques

A big thanks Talas:cool: Will keep in touch.
Also some great info on the islands, cheers.

Good luck with your season and hope it is a bumper crop.

For some reason this plant is a late bloomer but is now becoming a monster with dozens of pods. I'll try to take a close-up shot when they begin to ripen.

here's a bonda man jacques (left, martinique) v madame jeanette (suriname) comparison, both pods yet to mature. only difference is that the BMJ has a rougher more pebbled skin, else they look very much alike so far... my BMJs look slightly less pointy than potawie's, anybody cultivated these two before?

bondamanjacques021.jpg
madamejeanette021.jpg

My martinique's look much like the pics above but my BMJ is much darker green and more pointy. My Guadaloupe habs are very pale as well.

Well this morning I found a big broken bonda branch:( I'll have to see if I can get some of the large pods to ripen

Sorry to hear about your broken branch Potawie..on such a lovely plant,lets hope you can preserve the pods,did the dam same thing the other day to one of my tomato plants and snapped a whole stem full of toms and spent all day today rearranging my garden to stop my clumsiness :)

I got 2 ripe pods so far from my broken branch. I should've done the pods in a bag trick but I just hung the whole branch.

I put 3 modified tomato cages around this one to prevent further breakage. Its just loaded with pods now.

I picked a few ripe ma Jacques pods yesterday and I found this strange one mixed in with the rest. I think I'll save some seeds from it and see what happens next year. I still haven't tried a pod yet but I'm sure they are hot and will be sampling one soon.
2809473408_cb97431a2f.jpg

This plant is really producing, and is definitely one of my most productive first year plants. I still havent sampled it though:oops: Most have been going in the freezer.

2855591259_d19375fae5.jpg
2855663401_14d94e3a26.jpg

POTAWIE said:
This plant is really producing, and is definitely one of my most productive first year plants. I still havent sampled it though:oops: Most have been going in the freezer.

2855591259_d19375fae5.jpg
2855663401_14d94e3a26.jpg

Potawie that is one nice plant I had those couples of year they are heavy producers every year & very hot.Question is that barrel you have plant in it?:lol:

POTAWIE would it be possible to get a few seeds from that beautiful monster? I may have some seeds to trade if you're interested.

I love this site!!!

Ya, the plant is in a half barrel(old pickled pepper barrel)
I should have plenty of seeds very soon Patrick, send me a PM and I'll add you to my growing seed exchange list.

I agree that it looks simply awesome. How come all of your pods look so shiny??? :)

Couldn't help but PMing you, too!

POTAWIE said:
Ya, the plant is in a half barrel(old pickled pepper barrel)
I should have plenty of seeds very soon Patrick, send me a PM and I'll add you to my growing seed exchange list.

Done and thank you very much.

Back