• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bonnies World Hottest?

I Bought some (all they had) Habaneros from my local Home Depot they are Bonnies "Worlds Hottest" anyone know the exact type? I actually called Bonnies Plant farm in Alabama and spoke with a guy named Jamie and he didn't have a clue.. He said to call back because he needed to ask another guy.. I called back once and got his voicemail he never called back. Anyone know what they should be???? I was thinking Red Savina maybe..

Yep, O Habs........ far from the worlds hottest....... :lol:

The guy Jamie said they were growing some Bhuts but haven't decided if they were going to do them on a commercial scale.
I'm Not sure why they call them Worlds Hottest so I asked and he said he didn't know either. He didn't have much info about anything yet he was the primary contact. Oh well, I guess Orange Habs it is.. I'll have plenty of Orange pods with 10 of them growing.

I got some caribbean reds from a nursery and the tag said "world's hottest". Plant grew out to be a red, but definately not the hottest. You're not going to find the superhot chinese from big box stores or most local nurseries. If you want to order some superhot plants I'd suggest Cross Country Nurseries, they have a huge variety but you need to order soon. Or start from seed.

I think I got those same Caribbean Reds LC!
From a nursery labeled Chef Jeffs worlds hottest!
Those were definitely Caribbean Reds!

Kevin

I got some caribbean reds from a nursery and the tag said "world's hottest". Plant grew out to be a red, but definately not the hottest. You're not going to find the superhot chinese from big box stores or most local nurseries. If you want to order some superhot plants I'd suggest Cross Country Nurseries, they have a huge variety but you need to order soon. Or start from seed.

Agreed, I just bought them because they were there and I like Habs.. I have some great super hot strain seeds getting ready to get going already.. I hope to have some Top Shelf Premium Pods this year.. Time will tell.. Might even have some bragging rights this year.. =)

i am sure home depot is totally different from HD US versus HD Canada. last year i purchased both 2 caribbean red hots and 1 orange habaneros from the home depot. 1 plant c/r produced the other didn't. i kept the seeds from and germinated them. this little kitten is an experiment from my dwc. i grew the plant in the dwc then moved it to soil at a later date.

i am expecting most of the flowers to drop, as i have had a lot drop already, i am doing the "flick" germination procedure and the "q-tip" process but flowers are still dropping fast. the same happened on a fatalii. none the less, i am sure the plant will deliver this summer.

HPIM1951.jpg

Maybe it is, shoVel. Your pods look a little different. I've been growing those Bonnie "Worlds Hottest" orange habs for 15 years and very rarely got any variation in the pods. That long ago it probably was the hottest known commercial chile and they kept the label.

Back