• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Boomas BBQ

Cooking with Fire, gets a whole lot more attention, this thread is going to get regular updates on all things BBQ.

As some are aware i got a custom built pit/smoker last year and am slowly getting my head around this whole style of cooking. Lots of fun!!

Soon there will be a new toy to add to the outdoor kitchen, hopefully sooner than later............

Still after as much feedback as possible, always trying to improve.

So to start this off, Brisket cooked yesterday for about 9-10 hrs, then wrapped and rested in an Esky for 2-3 hours. Brisket was sprinkled with a plain old mix of salt and pepper.

Pork ribs done 3-2-1 method with a dry rub

DSC00990.JPG

DSC00991.JPG

DSC00992.JPG

DSC00993.JPG

Whoa sick!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

And I don't understand the criticism of the hibachi. Lump coal, let grey, grill. Simple and good.

I thought the bacon jam may have been a little gimmicky on the ribs but it worked really well.

Kept it nice and simple for the rub, salt, pepper, little garlic and chilli, that was it, then glazed twice in the last 30 minutes.

And the scallops were fantastic, excited to cook more in the salt block

I just also noticed you photog skills have immensely improved, you're up there with the greats now. PIC 1 would surely approve.

Summer here?  Where?  lol.  Great looking glaze with the bacon jam!  When are you gonna start up Booms BBQ Restaurant ffs ;)  I'm hungry

Haha yeah I know, melboure weather......

You sound like all my mates, constantly asking me to do something with food, but I still got a lot to learn

Booma said:
There will bbq in Australia day, downunder bbq

Baby back ribs, pulled pork and a metric tonne shitload or whatever of wings

I'm comin the fcuk over. 

Just out of interest, where do you get your ribs?

Back