• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Boomas BBQ

Cooking with Fire, gets a whole lot more attention, this thread is going to get regular updates on all things BBQ.

As some are aware i got a custom built pit/smoker last year and am slowly getting my head around this whole style of cooking. Lots of fun!!

Soon there will be a new toy to add to the outdoor kitchen, hopefully sooner than later............

Still after as much feedback as possible, always trying to improve.

So to start this off, Brisket cooked yesterday for about 9-10 hrs, then wrapped and rested in an Esky for 2-3 hours. Brisket was sprinkled with a plain old mix of salt and pepper.

Pork ribs done 3-2-1 method with a dry rub

DSC00990.JPG

DSC00991.JPG

DSC00992.JPG

DSC00993.JPG

Dang - I'm just now getting in to the cold smoked environment. . .  I have one thing to add.

SMOKED EGGS - if done right and stored in the right liquid.  Dang good.  However, cold smoking seems to be a much longer technique?  yes/no

Never had smoked eggs, hard boiled I presume. Would make a killer egg salad club sandwich.

The Hot Pepper said:
Never had smoked eggs, hard boiled I presume. Would make a killer egg salad club sandwich.

I had never had them either.  I was in my RV and a gentleman came up and saw my smoker that is kind of a jury-rig.  He gave me a couple of suggestions to make it better.  The next day he stopped by and delivered a few smoked eggs.  They were EXCELLENT and I couldn't believe how tasty they were.  He boiled them 7 minutes, cooled and peeled them and smoked them.  I don't know how long, but he then stored the eggs in a large jar with pickled jalapenos.  I'm not one much for boiled eggs; these where eggcelent .. I'm still working on the grill and finally got a working cold/hot smoker. I am going to boil some eggs tonight and give 'er another try tomorrow. I want to meld the smoke, pickled flavor with some of the hottieTotties which of the reaper variety wouldn't take much.

that's 2 hab's, 2 jal's, bunch spring onion, small onion, 1/8 cup olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin?, chili powder?  ugh.  Can't guess hook a yank up. . . . :drooling:

Back