• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Borneo market chili

Hi yall, i have a friend that every year he send me indonesian seeds from local markets. i have cabe merah, cabe rawit, and one he gave me as "Borneo", my researchs went to "Cabe Hijau Besar", but really dont know if im on the right way
Any info would be welcome
Here's some pics of this borneo market chili

Attachments

• PA269094.JPG
    PA269094.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 124
  • PA269095.JPG
    PA269095.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 104
  • PC211116.JPG
    PC211116.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 104
  • PC211043.JPG
    PC211043.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 109
willard3 said:
Looks very much like a cayenne that was renamed by an Indonesian.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

I was thinking the same thing Willard, but Ruben seemed experienced & figured he'd know that?

Not much experienced but by the time im going round most of the main chilí familys
I was thinking the same when first saw that pods hahah but by the way the plant grew their leaves and flowers doesnt reminds me much a pure cayenne, their flowers are similar on petals just as most annums, this ones had purple stems and pistil, just like the other indonesian chilis.
For sure has to have cayenne on their traits, seems like the typical comercial grown hybrid but from borneos market hahah 
ive saw some f1 hybrids but duno really wich one would be or if they are the same variety with diferent names haha cause most of em looks almos equalsad the friend who gave me the seeds is not indonesian so he couldnt ask for information, im super glad he gave me the other indonesian chili seeds well labeled 

Attachments

• PA059349.JPG
    PA059349.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 100
  • PA059339.JPG
    PA059339.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 101
  • PA059340.JPG
    PA059340.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 106
  • PA059335.JPG
    PA059335.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 103
Fermenting Spanishtan said:
Not much experienced but by the time im going round most of the main chilí familys
I was thinking the same when first saw that pods hahah but by the way the plant grew their leaves and flowers doesnt reminds me much a pure cayenne, their flowers are similar on petals just as most annums, this ones had purple stems and pistil, just like the other indonesian chilis.
For sure has to have cayenne on their traits, seems like the typical comercial grown hybrid but from borneos market hahah 
ive saw some f1 hybrids but duno really wich one would be or if they are the same variety with diferent names haha cause most of em looks almos equalsad the friend who gave me the seeds is not indonesian so he couldnt ask for information, im super glad he gave me the other indonesian chili seeds well labeled 

While I understand there's a bit of language issue let's give this a try......

There are a number of different C. Annuum versions of "cayenne", like turkish cayenne pepper  and long thin cayenne pepper but the one I think of as "common" is the heirloom Cayenne  version named after its point of origin, Cayenne, French Guiana.

And comparing various flowers from different plants a bit difficult.....

1Wgu8RP.jpg

Back