• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

bottling Bottling system better than funnel?

Has anyone found a better way to fill 5z woozies?  Just looking for something more efficient and standard vs using a funnel.  I tried searching online for a DIY manual hand pump of some sort but haven't found anything yet.  I also strolled the aisle of the local Home Depot but nothing has clicked yet.

Hoping someone has already thought of something.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
^^Maybe for a home operation but very doubtful that is listed as food safe. I'd be shocked and doubt it keeps temperature. 

Probably keeps it better than a 5 gallon pail!  

I've spoken to folks at the lab and they've told me that as long as the dispenser is cleaned and sanitized and you can maintain the temperature in accordance with the Processing Letter, he wouldn't see a problem with using it for small batches.

The coffee thermo would be considered food safe, but again, keeping it up to temp would be a problem.  Even pouring the boiling sauce into the Cambro would cool the sauce significantly.  

Brewing supply houses have SS kettle with the thermometer and spigot like what's been posted already.  Some of the smaller kettles would be about half the cost of a HandyFiller.  One larger kettle I saw was $339, for a few more bucks you can get a HandyFiller which will suck directly out of the pot of sauce on the stove.

I worked in the restaurant biz for a long time. It may be stamped as food safe but if you could only see what is inside the coffee and tea containers where you eat... :) So technically I was wrong but I prefer SS all the way with food. Just my personal preference. 

Back