• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bpoole's 2015 grow

Just going to start by saying how excited I am about this grow season. I didn't try to grow anything too hot until it was too late last year. By August I had about 15 Bhuts and 3 Scorpion plants. I gave half to my cousin but most of his died and mine became infested with aphids and just couldn't get rid of them so now I only have 3. Last year I grew the normal peppers you find at walmart and only aout 4 varieties. This year I am stepping it up to about 30 different types. Most of the seeds I got from beerbreath81 who got them from other members and a site www.tradewindsfruit.com and also some seeds from Dougthehead. Below is my grow list. I would also like to grow some other chocolate types, hot chocolate, reaper, and fatali. I also have some yellow and red brainstrain. If anyone sees anything they would like to trade for please pm me. I received a good amount of seeds and can't grow them all so I have no problem trading.

Growlist:                                                              
Aji Lemon Drop
Aji Cito
7 Pot Douglah (yellow)
Douglah (red)
Devils Tongue (yellow)
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion (chocolate)
Trinidad Scorpion
White Habanero
Scotch Bonnet (yellow)
Scotch Bonnet (red)
Bhut Jolokia (white)
"                 " (peach)
"                 " (red)
"                 " (yellow)
"                 " (orange)
7 Pot Bubblegum
5 Color Chinese
Datil (yellow)
Thai Pepper
Cherry Bomb (chocolate)
Zimbabwe Bird Pepper
Barrackpore
Large Red Thick Cayenne
Cayenne Chile
Yellow Moruga
Giant Jalapeño

These are the remaining Bhuts from last year. I heard that putting two pepper plants in a 5 gallon could actually make them more productive so I decided to try. I think one is sucking up all the nutrients though.
JydoYSA.jpg

Dpx9NLg.jpg

HMitnDy.jpg

This is a little greenhouse I have been experimenting with. You can see the dark box inside. In the box I am trying the wet paper towel in plastic bag technique. Put those in on the 12th. Its in a box in the greenhouse because that is the warmest place in my house.

HIL3Plp.jpg

And yesterday I received this heat mat with pete pellets to try and regulate temperature better. These were done tonight.

GBzjvrH.jpg

All in all I probably have close to 8 seeds for each plant so If they all germinate I will most likely have some to send out to people who would like some. Remember to pm me if you are interested in seed trading. Good luck to everyone's grow, I'll be back in a couple of days!

Hmmm, thats a toughy. Not sure on that one, looks similar to edema to me but havent seen on top of leaves before. :think:  Take a look and see what the underside of the leaves look like. Found this on a google search may help or I'm sure one of the vets could help ya out too.
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/37878-looks-like-salt-or-sugar-on-bottom-of-leaves/

Anyways, the glog is looking great, like the detailed spreadsheet of garden plot and the plants will sure be happy in the spot your creating for them, cant wait to see em in the ground.

Decided to do some DIY things friday while off from work.

Dandelion Tea
bV6g6qm.jpg

First time doing this, going to use it for fertilizer in about a month.

Lime and Salt Kale Chips
ISLAqIT.jpg

Cayenne Kale Chips
BQPGOqK.jpg

These went in the oven and burned a little

Jalapeno Hot sauce
GYSGn2V.jpg

I used jalapenos, serranos, carrots, garlic, lime juice, orange bell, and about 8% salt

beerbreath81 said:
Hmmm, thats a toughy. Not sure on that one, looks similar to edema to me but havent seen on top of leaves before. :think:  Take a look and see what the underside of the leaves look like. Found this on a google search may help or I'm sure one of the vets could help ya out too.
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/37878-looks-like-salt-or-sugar-on-bottom-of-leaves/

Anyways, the glog is looking great, like the detailed spreadsheet of garden plot and the plants will sure be happy in the spot your creating for them, cant wait to see em in the ground.
Hey thanks man! I have tons growing right now in the garden and will put up a picture later. As far as the pepper plants, they will be going into the ground in about two weeks!
Update on the garden...

Garlic and Onions
Yripxpm.jpg

Kale
GCDhCLa.jpg

Lettuce
pIcDW6U.jpg

Corn
nUzIJzf.jpg

Spinach
SRR7QIE.jpg

I'm in a little bit of a pickle and need some advice. They say you're supposed to top you're plant after it y's correct? What if the plant is over a foot tall and hasn't y'd yet?

And its begun...
AjGW9if.jpg

Planted:
2 Jalapeno
2 White Habenero
3 Cayenne
3 Chocolate Cherry Bomb
2 Orange Habanero

Also dug 12 holes for peppers tonight, going to try and finish the other 33 tomorrow....

Ordered some peppers from Wicked Mike the other day and they arrived this morning.
mTdrNFc.jpg

I could use a little help Identifying what types these are. I'm pretty sure I see peach bhuts, chocolate habs, maybe yellow bishops crown?

Bpoole55 said:
Ordered some peppers from Wicked Mike the other day and they arrived this morning.

I could use a little help Identifying what types these are. I'm pretty sure I see peach bhuts, chocolate habs, maybe yellow bishops crown?
just pm mike he will id for u

And here is a quick update on the garden

bks6Hne.jpg

Some plants are growing slow but most look pretty good. Dug 20 holes to the left for peppers. Half of the peppers will go in the ground and I will put the other half in 5 gallon pots tomorrow morning.

The peppers I planted earlier this week were looking good but 
i came home to this..
7zicKZm.jpg

Is it from the sun? Disease? Not hardened off enough? 

Its a little late but I'm going to do a round two that will all go into pots and not the ground.

Round 2:
Zimbabwe bird pepper
Aji lemon drop
Large orange thai
Trinidad scorpion
Thai red
Cayenne
Yellow fatalii
Chocolate fatalii
Scotch bonnet
Caramel moruga
Hot beads
Reaper
Red bhut
Peach bhut
Chocolate cherry bomb
Paper lantern habanero
HkcoJ6T.jpg

Put them into the bigger pellets that jiffy makes mainly for tomatoes. Will also be adding a hydroponic round next week.

Update on that dandelion tea I posted a couple weeks ago. here is the second batch that has sat for over a month.
fRDh7J1.jpg

This stuff is actually very amazing. I was a little hesitant at first but I did a little experiment to see if it actually worked. These cucumbers had no spray over the course of the past couple of weeks.
cGuDSEu.jpg

These did..
Egs9Xe0.jpg

Beans and corn without..
PqFSWwk.jpg

And with..
ZvrYHxf.jpg

Worked better then I could hope. Only bad thing is that it's probably one of the worst smells you could ever imagine.

On a side note, planted around 20 cucamelons tonight. For those of you who dont kknow they are tiny little grape size cucumbers that look like watermelons but taste like cucumber with a hint of lemon. Here is a link to a pic, couldn't figure out how to get the actual pic up.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cucamelon&espv=2&biw=1024&bih=506&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=BeRbVZWLMMXisAXchYH4AQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgrc=aLP-6OYhB_V2jM%253A%3BFG4P-ZwqNg6wsM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.dailymail.co.uk%252Fi%252Fpix%252F2013%252F03%252F20%252Farticle-2296317-18CD1F7D000005DC-162_634x514.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%252Fnews%252Farticle-2296317%252FExotic-Mexican-plant-tastes-cucumber-lime-called-cucamelon-launched-Britain-time.html%3B634%3B514

jcw10tc said:
Looks nice, will have to try that dandelion tea sometimes.  I have about 1/2 acre field of them growing.
jcw10tc said:
Looks nice, will have to try that dandelion tea sometimes.  I have about 1/2 acre field of them growing.
Haha send some my way! We don't have many left here. It's been cloudy and rainy the past week so maybe that's why.

Well I give up. No matter what I tried the peppers didnt like it. this is from a couple days ago. Most are starting to lose their leaves. Pretty disappointed.
cISmYaC.jpg

Ur5Dj3Q.jpg

Back