• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

brain strain rematch vid

So it's been awhile since I have been able to really do anything on here, school has been a beast this semester with it being my graduating semester. So, I figured I would get back into the swing of things with a nice, embarassing video. Some of you may remember my first brain strain video, I lasted all of 2.5 minutes before throwing in the towel and going for the milk. This time was just as painful and awful as the first time but I wanted to see if I could make it all the way through the burn without any help. I don't talk much in the video, kinda felt like I couldn't, so I will try to explain everything here. From what I remember...it hurt really bad. The flavor is still good, just like any 7 pot that I have had, very fruity/floral taste that consumes the whole pallet and is very thick. The flavor is not overpowering, but is very apparent the whole way through the experience, and even hours later when you happen to burp and the flavor returns. Very thick walled pepper that requires more chewing than something out of the bhut line peppers, fatali, etc. As explained in the video I did cut out the top portion(under the stem) of the pepper to get some seeds to dry out, but that pepper was top to bottom and wall to wall placenta so I didn't miss out on any pain. The endorphin rush set in within a couple of minutes and my whole face went numb and the lips pursed up quite nicely(which looks pretty funny actually). About 5 minutes in my eyes were watering so much I couldn't really see very good and my nose was running like a faucet. I was sweating a good deal and it was damn near impossible to talk. This pepper has my vote as the hottest pepper out there by far, and this one did come from cappy's seed stock and was grown by kcso53(mike) who was nice enough to send me one so I could do this rematch for all of ya'll. Hope you enjoy the excruciating pain and torture I voluntarily put myself through.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWu1edISUnU

Oh man, that looked painful... I still say we should of did a video of my idea... You eating the brain strain, then once the burn kicked it I give you a quick shot of 15% OC with CS to heighten the experience a little more :P

-J

Nice Job Ryan!! Looked terrifying!! I'm Growing these for 2012 season and look forward to trying. No video in my future though!! I need quite time when I tackle those Monsters :)

How was the stomach after?

WOW, that is some serious heat and you gutted it out to the very end. My hats off to you big time. My season is over for now, but have been working on next year's grow and will be starting in February. If you're up to it I'll send you one of my Infinity next summer. I can do a whole Brain Strain on a large pizza, but only half an Infinity pod. You let me know buddy!!

Jack

Thanks for the congrats and such everyone. Gut cramps kicked in at about 640 am (even though I ate the damn thing at 345pm) the day before, and they were excruciating. Also the only pepper to ever induce the dreaded ring of fire on me. This was my first super hot in about 2 months or longer so that want prob the best pepper to start back on but oh well.
@superhot, I will take you up on your offer, but next season though lets say. I would like to survive the next month until graduation.

I can respect a person who needs to do something again to prove to themselves that they can do it. I watched until the 7 minute mark and asked myself if I was enjoying it. I wasn't so I stopped watching and only listened because I wanted to know if you had succeeded. Congrats to you for beating it.

Thanks for the congrats and such everyone. Gut cramps kicked in at about 640 am (even though I ate the damn thing at 345pm) the day before, and they were excruciating. Also the only pepper to ever induce the dreaded ring of fire on me. This was my first super hot in about 2 months or longer so that want prob the best pepper to start back on but oh well.
@superhot, I will take you up on your offer, but next season though lets say. I would like to survive the next month until graduation.

You got it buddy, just check back in next summer and we'll put together a package for you to do!!

@patrick, yeah it got kinda long, unfortunately I have an older camcorder that doesn't operate on a hard drive so my editing capabilities are incredibly limited, otherwise I could have taken out a few minutes and kept it under 10 minutes. Thanks for watching though.
@superhot, I will keep in contact and we can def figure something out. After dec I'm done with school for good so I should have more free time to dedicate to more pepper reviews than I did this year. If I remember correctly I reviewed 4 supers, I'm satisfied with that number with it being my rookie year.

You had mentioned the pod had been frozen, will the seeds be any good still? Good job on conquoring the brain strain. I have grown them but after seeing Pex eat one, I refuse to now. LOL

I don't know if they will or not, but I'm willing to give them a shot. If not I have a buddy on here that lives down the road that has some pods hanging right now that I can scrounge some seeds from. I want to grow these next year and maybe use them in a sweet & spicy wing sauce or something.

Around 4 min, ya looked like a lil kid prayin for a big wheel Christmas Day... goot job, ya got a bigger yam sack than I.... Maybe a lil on the wife lipstick and I can get some of these lips... Great Review....

Back