• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

BREAKFAST!!!

I was looking for a breakfast thread and never found one that seemed open-ended enough to post on. So here y'all go!

Posty up your breakfast if you like, even if it's cold leftover pizza.

No time for words? No problem. Show us your awesome yellowish cell phone camera pic. No obligation to write out a recipe here if you don't want to.

Forgot to take a picture until halfway through the meal? Perfect! Selfie photo-op.

Whoops! You made brunch instead? That's cool... it counts.

I'll go first with a take on a Cuban breakfast called Huevos Habaneros. It means Havana Eggs, but it's not made with Habaneros. In fact, it's not traditionally spicy hot. (Cuban meals typically aren't.) So, I had to SoFlo it up a bit and call it something different.

Huevos SoFlo

12696616545_24ec2f99e5_b.jpg

These are eggs baked over sofrito with butter on top in a custard cup for about 12 minutes at 375 F (yolks are still a bit runny). Then topped with more sofrito and garnished with some cayenne powder, but sofrito isn't spicy hot either. So...

Sofrito Caliente

(Enough for one serving)

1/4 cup chopped onion
1 Fresno pepper (cored and chopped)
1 green jalapeno (cored and chopped)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup peeled, cored, chopped tomato
olive oil for sauteing

Saute the onion and peppers till the onion is translucent. Then add the garlic and cumin for a minute more. Then toss in the tomato for another minute or two. Salt and black pepper to taste.

Do it up y'all!

Let's see what breaks your fast.

This Mornings Breakfast.
Haddock Omelette

Haddock rolled in Buckwheat flour and seasoning and Cayenne.
Four eggs with a cup of hydrated Chanterals and Chocolate and Yellow Habanero, Garlic cloves and seasoning.
Fried Roma Tomatoes and Red Bell Peppers, seasoning and Scorpion salt.
Caraway Gouda topped on Omelette and Haddock.

Was Totally Awesome !!!!!!!!

P1100375_HaddockOmlette-1500_zpslz7fi8gx.jpg

_A065757_OmletHadock-1500_zpslzm1laxw.jpg

OCD Chilehead said:
You guys are killin it.
the rest of these guys are killin it :)

i almost took a picture of the yolk and two different colored sauces all smeared together after i'd had a few bites of everything, but then i thought: That looks really good to me and probably looks like a messy half eaten plate to everyone else :lol:

I luv me some breakfast though, and there is some fantastic looking breakfast food posted here 

:cheers:

shrimp tom yum ramen

Its also called Tom Yum Goong noodles. :D

Out of all the local Thai places here only one place serves it and man is it good. The noodle version of Tom Yum is not normally as spicy and often a seafood mix like Korean Jamppong. At home i make it with fishballs and shrimp. Mae Ploy and Maeseri sell a fairly good Tom Yum paste if you want to try making it from scratch. Its nearly as simple as a packet of ramyun.

I do Tom Ka Gai from scratch occasionally but I love to have  Mama brand shrimp tom yum in the pantry for a spur of the moment quick meal .   Pretty much the best package ramen ever imo , although I end up bumping up the heat level usually. 

Mamas is surprisingly good isnt it. :D

I usually get NongShim Neoguri spicy seafood or Paldo just for emergency noodles. The Nongshim is pretty spicy for a packaged ramyun. Flavor isnt the same as Tom Yum but it works in a pinch.

O hell yeah! Ashen got one of thos Ronco® Waffle maker/Omlette, "beat it, set it, flip it, eat it" thingamajigs.

Good onya for posting up a personal size omellete.

I need one of those because my 6 egg ommellettes make me stuff myself with the potatoes.

Back