• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Brett's Ultra Noob Glog

Hello all! As you can tell from the title, this glog will probably be the noobiest/"ghettoest" one in the thread. This will technically be my 2nd season, but the first growing multiple plants. Last year my 7 Pod plant began to fruit right when winter hit s:

Here's the ones that I am currently growing:

White Bhut Jolokia x1
Red Bhut Jolokia x1
Red Moruga Scorpion x1
Large 7 Pod x1? (Possibly 4, long story short: I got some plants mixed up in my seed starter) (I warned you this was nooby :3)
Unknown x3 that were sent from Pepperlover.

Why only 1 of each? Well.... The rest are still chilling in the Germination Station:
1604t8o.png

And here's the 10 I listed above :3
15e8t2d.png

Note: Bottom right one just got some water directly on it. Not killed over.

I'm using Miracle Gro potting soil that I had laying around. I plan on using that heater from pic 1 and putting it in the Fan mode for the sprouts so they can get some exercise. Lights are 6000k, 100w eq. CFLs, with 1600 Lumens.

Oh yeah, and the sides are lacking aluminum foil because I ran out. >.< I'll be sure to patch those up.

Thanks for looking guys, any tips are greatly appreciated. :D

Everyone's gotta start somewhere! Heck, I've had to restart twice in the year I've been trying to grow stuff indoors

This is my 1st year trying to grow peppers so my glog , *IF* I start one... might be a bit more noobish... my plants are on top of the cable box for heat and my junk grow light is sitting balanced on a large soup can with foil just draped over it... seriously noob/ghetto setup, but it's managed to keep 10 butch t's happily growing

As long as what you're doing works, that's all that really matters in the end.

Whatever it takes.........I'll trade you some of my lights if you could bottle up some of your Texas sun.
Nice start, its good to see the seeds popping, some of the superhots seem to take forever............but they'll sprout.
Move those cups around so the sprouts are directly under the light...as long as the heat put out is not too hot.
Good luck with da grow...

*sigh* Hello again, here's the update on what's been gong on since the last post:

I told you this was a noob glog. :P So I set the babies that I previously had outside on what seemed like a nice Texas day. But good ol' Texas weather decided to deliver some massive winds as soon as I went out for lunch. Let's just say... I had to restart >___> So after 10 days of germinating new seeds, here's the outcome:

__ __ __ __ __ __
| Large 7 Pod
| White Bhut Jolokia
| Brain Strain *Coming Soon*
| Red Habanero
| Moruga Scorpion Red
| " "

de92d2.jpg

Germination is:
1 White Bhut Jolokia
2 Red Habaneros
& 8 Moruga Reds

I'll take this as a learning experience, and hopefully you fellow noobies will also :3
And as always, any tips/tricks are greatly appreciated.

(Maybe my slogan should be "I make mistakes so you don't have to.") :P

Careful setting them out in the Sun the first few times...need to harden them bad boys a little with an hour or two of morning or evening sun first, and increasing from there. Add a fan to your station to help out strengthening them for the wind. You got this!!! Gonna get these rolling in no time! BONUS: Germ rates look pretty good this round, so lessons are already learned!
Shane

I've been growing for years and learning something new all the time. No one's got anything on you and anyone could have a bad season including me; bugs, weather, flood, animals, birds, hurricane, etc., etc. .... Here's wishing you a great season and very nice start off for your second year :cheers: BTW this is the first year I've ever done a glog and I'm new member since Nov 12, wish I had found THP years ago ...

Thank you all for the encouraging words and tips! I believe I'm overdue for an update:

These will be what I'm working with this season (although I am expecting some Brain Strains in the mail soon via a friend)

10/12 Moruga Reds
1 or 2/6 Red Jalapeno
5/6 White Bhut Jolokias

None of my large 7 pods have sprouted :/

Pictures:

23syki9.jpg

29auujt.jpg

And one of my exotics:
2gt7no7.jpg

I'm just about to get all of them into tall cups and set them outside for some sunlight :3
As for the last few weeks, I've had 3 lights on the plants (the lighting in the pictures is only with 2) and using a fan on them a couple times a day to strengthen the stem.

You've got some healthy looking plants there to work with, even if nothing else pops.

Back