• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Brewmasta's 2011 First year growing with pictures

Well I really started late last year, so I consider this my first year. Anyways here are some pictures. Some are from last year that survived the Florida winter. And some are started from seed late last year.

Enjoy

Some of the plants(Different 7's/Naga/yellow and chocolate bhut/rocoto/fatali/various habs)

pepper5.jpg

Chocolate hab

pepper4.jpg

Australian black hab

pepper3.jpg

Different shot

pepper1.jpg

Babies

pepper.jpg

I will post more pics later on. Hoping that I will get some pods of my babies this year. If you look close at the last pic, one of the 7pod babies has one stem going up like normal and then one coming of each side. Almost perfectly symmetrical. Thought that was pretty cool. Thanks for looking

Bud

Thanks. I have some ripe Caribbean reds and cayenne. I am excited to see How they will be by the end of May. I am a little concerned though about my potting mix. I think it stays a little too wet. The bottom doesn't seem to "dry" out. I do live in west central Florida and it is very hot/humid/sunny out. So it may be ok? I don't know. I really don't want to take all the plants out and remix the soil. Right now it is half organic cheapo soil. And half compost cow manure. There isn't much bark and stuff like that mixed in it. Any suggestions anyone?

Bud

Very nice, about your potting mix im a newb so hopefully sum experts will chime in but to me all your plants look healthy and happy just lay off the watering for a while and let the plants use up all that moisture in the soil even let em stress a bit before you water again i hear that makes the pods nice and hot :)

Thanks to all who commented. Hopefully some "experts" will chime in. Seems as though you have to have a "catchy" topic title to get them to look. Either way thanks again. I let them get stressed but the soil never seems to "dry" out. I don't water them unless the absolutely need it/wilting. I will post pics again later next month.

And yes Florida does have winter. And it does freeze here. My plants are living proof lol. Thanks to all and all a good night.

Bud

Back