• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Brick Lane Curry House - Phaal Challenge

Davetaylor said:
i wish there was a way of tasting these inter continental dishes just so that we could all be reading of the same sheet!!!

i know it's not a big man contest but i like to know where i am on the chilli rush scale compared to others, the rush is the best part of any hot food it's like a free high, AND NOTHING IS BETTER THAN SOMETHING THAT IS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya on that. A nice satisfying meal AND a free high!

UnNatural said:
Thanks. Not in BK too often, but that sounds like it may be worth a trip out there.
Oh it's worth the trip, especially since it's BYOB, bring some friends, a case of beer, and eat good Thai.

Okay back to the phaal chat, there's a thread for the Thai place already.

I 1st tried Indian curry in the UK and practically 'grew up' on Phall curry. Used to eat it so hot that I couldn't even handle the meat in it so I would order the curry sauce along with an order of chicken Tikka and dip. Now, I have a Syrian cook that makes me his own version of Phall. Will post pics soon here.

hello all

i dont know if this is the right place to post this but it would not let me post in restaurant forum

so here goes

this coming Saturday im going to NEW YORK to Brick lane Indian Restaurant WITH 3 FRIENDS where the MAN VERSUS FOOD GUY LOST TO THERE HOT CURRY CALLED "PHAL"
WE ARE TAKING THE CHALLENGE!!

we dont live that far away and quite frankly were curious

i at one time i would never have thought about doing this, but now that im a veteran chilehead and find myself disappointed at what people consider hot, i dont wanna sound smug but when its not hot for you its not hot!! right?/

so im doing it>> i will get back to you with the details

thanks your friend Ajijoe

hello all

i dont know if this is the right place to post this but it would not let me post in restaurant forum

so here goes

this coming Saturday im going to NEW YORK to Brick lane Indian Restaurant WITH 3 FRIENDS where the MAN VERSUS FOOD GUY LOST TO THERE HOT CURRY CALLED "PHAL"
WE ARE TAKING THE CHALLENGE!!

we dont live that far away and quite frankly were curious

i at one time i would never have thought about doing this, but now that im a veteran chilehead and find myself disappointed at what people consider hot, i dont wanna sound smug but when its not hot for you its not hot!! right?/

so im doing it>> i will get back to you with the details

thanks your friend Ajijoe

How was it?

I am planning a trip just to eat this curry.
I had to laugh when I saw Man V Food and the chef was wearing a mask! to protect him.
I always order a Phall at my regular take away and he always says "are you sure?" I think it is really crazy that the country that gives us the hottest chiili, cannot actually eat it!!!

Back