• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bricklayers Glog - first time building peppers, indoor LED grow :-)

So, another glog from another newbie, who has never grown any plants in his life before!
Started the first batch of seeds in a heated propagator late november, and some are already beginning to flower. (although they may fall off, we'll see about that!)
Next batch started late december.
When moved from the propagator, they came under first 1, then 2 LED lights from:
http://www.bh-froe.com/ZC/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=57&products_id=2653
Another 2 are ordered, this time 2x36W.
YES, i have fallen into the same trap as many of you fools, i will run out of space :mope:

I am a sucker for Poppers and the likes, and my taste buds are not yet hardened off, so my grow list is somewhat whimpy compared to the average THP member :shh:
Most of the super hots i really don't know what to do with (if they pod up!), other than for drunken bets with friends i would like to see in excruciating pain :dance:
Grow list:
7 Pod
Carolina Reaper (HP22B)
Habanero White
Habanero Red Hot
Fatalii Chocolate
Fish
Biker Billy's Jalapeno
Purple Jalapeno
Orange Jalapeno
Jalapeno
Joe's Round
NuMex Pinata
Multicolor Acorn
Candlelight
Anco Gigantea
Peppadew
Anaheim

UPDATED:

Nick08* said:
Is that your house? Yard and garden look immaculate! WOW!!! Looks beautiful there.

Yup, house to the left, garage to the right :)
My forum name should somewhat reveal why it looks like that!
BTW, what is the difference between a "Bricklayer" and a "Mason" to you Americans? (if any!)

Thanks, i'm kind of a neat freak, so nice to hear ;)
Well, i'm happy to live in Denmark....but overall i would like better (hotter and longer) summers, colder winters, and shorter spring/autumn seasons. Other than that, i shouldn't complain :P

A lovely day here in Denmark!
First real taste of spring with 15 degree Celsius at noon, but we still get frost in the night whenthe skies are clear, and will continue to do so for probably 1-2 months.

Peppers are growing nicely, and there's pods on some of the annuum's. One of my reapers are setting flower buds, so that's nice too :)

Got myself quite a lot of fertilizer yesterday...got if off the german ebay site.
A full line-up of Hesi nutes, and i'm hoping this will incourage more flowering when i start to use the proposed ferts for this stage of the plants lives.

Its some serious amounts of fertilizer you got there! How many plants will share those 25+ L of fert.?

Nulle said:
Hold da op, du har da fået noget kemi ;) . Just commenting on the amount of nutes.
Yup, let's see if i am able to use it to it's full potential!

Ferby said:
Its some serious amounts of fertilizer you got there! How many plants will share those 25+ L of fert.?
If i remember correctly, i've got around 45 plants left. Haven't calculated how much fertilisere i really need!

I think i'll begin an experiment tomorrow with a few of them though. I'll plant 3 or 4 directly in ground, despite not having hardened them off, and disregarding the low temperatures, just to see if they can/will pull through. My plan is to take some of the weakest plants, and some of the ones i have more than one of, and don't expect to be able to use all of the chilies from.

Bricklayer said:
I think i'll begin an experiment tomorrow with a few of them though. I'll plant 3 or 4 directly in ground, despite not having hardened them off, and disregarding the low temperatures, just to see if they can/will pull through. My plan is to take some of the weakest plants, and some of the ones i have more than one of, and don't expect to be able to use all of the chilies from.

I have some leftover plants i will try to put in ground soon too. Just for fun.

Is it outdoors or in a greenhouse?

I will try to put a litlle glass dome over each of my plants.

Bricklayer said:

Congrats on very good looking plants ! Good list. Next year try a baccatum or 2, too. They usually handle the cold better than the chinenses.

Planting outside now with the risk of frost at night the coming week is very optimistic. But do share your learnings.

Ferby said:
I have some leftover plants i will try to put in ground soon too. Just for fun.

Is it outdoors or in a greenhouse?

I will try to put a litlle glass dome over each of my plants.
It's outdoors, and to top it off, it's very windy here. They will be planted in one of the raised beds you can see on the pictures of my garden.

HAJ said:
Congrats on very good looking plants ! Good list. Next year try a baccatum or 2, too. They usually handle the cold better than the chinenses.

Planting outside now with the risk of frost at night the coming week is very optimistic. But do share your learnings.
Thank you HAJ!
Will try some Aji's next year i think.
I will keep you updated on the life and/or death of the chosen plants :)

Nulle said:
Best of luck to the poor little ones used in your experiment ;) Let's know how it goes.
Will do!

I have both annuum, baccatum and pubescens plants to spare. This friday it seems that the night frosts will stop/pause. Saturday night will be 5 warm and cozy degrees. My peppers will enjoy the Danish weather from Friday. :D

5 plants has been planted outdoors today. Some of them barely had enough roots to break the Jiffy pellets fabric they originally were planted in!
So, i'm not having high hopes for this experiment....but it could prove to be a nice guideline for later...or next year :)
From left to right it is:
Joe's Round
Multicolor Acorn
Carolina  Reaper
Chili Candlelight
Purple Jalapeño

And here's a couple of pictures of the other suspects.....which have just been moved to a southwest facing window, and are enjoying their first rays of real sunlight :-)

Looking good. I feel a little sorry for the plants though :D;). I think i will plant out One each week the next couple of weeks.

As predicted by several honorable members of THP, all 5 of the outdoor plants died a horrible and grusome death....some slower than others, but the outcome was inevitable!
Last week i planted 4 "new" chilis....and 2 of these looks like they are surviving. They all lost a lot of leaves, but these 2 have put out new growth at the nodes, so my hopes are high...for now! :P

Oh those poor babies. Now I guess you'll stop killing them that awful way ;)  otherwise I'll have to report you to the DSPCP (danish society for the prevention of cruelty to peppers).

Så kan du lære det! :P

Bricklayer said:
As predicted by several honorable members of THP, all 5 of the outdoor plants died a horrible and grusome death....some slower than others, but the outcome was inevitable!
Last week i planted 4 "new" chilis....and 2 of these looks like they are surviving. They all lost a lot of leaves, but these 2 have put out new growth at the nodes, so my hopes are high...for now! :P

Careful now, there is risk of frost again this weekend  :eek:

Back