• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Brito's Pepper Plantation

Hello friends,
I have two seedlings of C. Lanceolatum and I wanted to share with you.
I am posting these two seedlings of C. Lanceolatum for you to see the different health of them in different environment.

CLanceolatun-no-Solo.jpg

THIS ONE WAS PLANTED DIRECTLY IN SOIL.

CLanceolatun-no-Vaso.jpg

AND THIS ONE WAS PLANTED IN VASE.

[quote name='Brito's Pepper' timestamp='1280184921' post='365340']
Hi Siling,
Yes, you did good research,
Extracted from the internet and translated in Google:
(Capsicum pubescens)
(Burning: above 70,000 Scoville)
Capsicum pubescens is a pepper with fruits of medium size, common in Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Ecuador. As the region is locally known as rocoto (in Quechua) or locoto (in Aymara).
The term derives from the word rocoto Hispanic Andean rocin, meaning draft horse. And indeed, the fruits of pepper resemble the drawing of a horse's head. It has another name by which it is known: pepper-horse. In Mexico, it is also known as chili-pepper-like pear and apple. Its fruit, rounded, resembling a cherry when they are small, and an apple, to become great. Once mature, take the yellow, red or orange. The bush that gives rise to it grows by more than ten years and becomes so broad that in some places, is called tree pepper. The rocoto is the only one pepper whose seeds are black.
Here in Brazil where I'm planting rocoto, the temperature in winter is between 10-28 degrees Celsius and between 25-45 degrees Celsius in summer.
As you can see, I have no problem with the weather :cool:
take care :) :cool:
[/quote]

so basically we have similar weather conditions. thanks for the info brito. :cool:

Hi Siling,
That was my pleasure to help you with the info.
Yes, Rocotos and Manzanos are the same peppers, they have different names in different localities as, Rocoto, Locoto, Manzano, Canario, Caballo, and Peron. :cool:
Take care :)

What was the humidity like when the temperature hit over 30 degrees Celcius?

My Rocoto did not set fruit last season in hot dry weather.
Hi harry,
See, I am not an expert on weather but, what I can tell you about my knowledge with Rocotos is that they do not have a good production in hot dry weather.
When I planted my first rocoto was here in the city where the humidity is very low, so they took two years to produce the first fruits.
Now, planting on the farm where the humidity is very high, they produced less than six months even having high temperature.
Hope help you :cool:
Take care :)

Hi Jacob,
I am happy that you recieved the seeds with no problem :cool:
Hope you have a good harvest with them :lol:
Let me know if you want any others :cool:
Take care :cool: :)

Hello friends,
I spent 5 days vacation this week in my farm so, I had time to harvest some Rocotos and prepar a good Malagueta sauce :cool: :)
Soon, I will be posting the sauce from these Rocotos :cool:

ROCOTOPEQUENACOLHEITA.jpg

ROCOTO LITTLE HARVEST THREE SPECIES

MALAGUETASAOAZEITE.jpg

MALAGUETAS SAUCE PREPARED WITH OLIVE OIL

Beautiful, fat and juicy pods, Brito. Makes my mouth water.
tasty.gif

Your sauce looks and sounds very tasty too.
Yes guy, these Rocotos are very fat and makes my mouth water too :lol:
I will let the Malagueta sauce closed for about three months before consumption.
Hey friend, I have yours Rocotos seeds already prepared do post, I will try to go to the post office this week, I will inform you when I post them :cool:

Very nice plate of Rocotos. My pods are still small. I am really looking forward to a few ripe ones.

[quote name='Brito's Pepper' timestamp='1280882042' post='367895']
Yes guy, these Rocotos are very fat and makes my mouth water too :lol:
I will let the Malagueta sauce closed for about three months before consumption.
Hey friend, I have yours Rocotos seeds already prepared do post, I will try to go to the post office this week, I will inform you when I post them :cool:
[/quote]

hello mr. brito :-)
i looked up the ingredients for that malagueta sauce: vinegar, wine, olive oil, chiles?
it just looks delicious.
do you refrigerate it while it remains closed for those 3 months?

you live in paradise sir!!! some of those fruits will never be known here in the states.if i lived there i'd never stop smiling.i am in envy.

Hi Charles.
This Malagueta sauce was prepared with olive oil, salt, a Basil leave, a teaspoon of oregano.
Boiled for 10 minutes in olive oil.
Hope you enjoy.

[quote name='Brito's Pepper' timestamp='1281023969' post='368612']
Hi Charles.
This Malagueta sauce was prepared with olive oil, salt, a Basil leave, a teaspoon of oregano.
Boiled for 10 minutes in olive oil.
Hope you enjoy.
[/quote]

Sounds great!
I will definitely try it out :-D
Sounds like something that would go great with bread.

With bread???
I really do not recommend, Malagueta has 100.000 scoville :mouthonfire:
With bread, I prefer Rocotos sauce,I always make a delicious sandwich with tuna, onions, arugula and a spoon of Rocoto sauce :cool: drinking a good beer :beer:
Take care :) :cool:

Back