• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

BrooksideSuperhots GLOG 2017

This is a little late but I hope to update once a week.  I started seeds a month ago and have several that have sprouted.  Pics are grow details are on the way.  Going mostly for chocolate, peach and mustard varieties this year.  Here's my list so far:

Chocolate Moruga x2 (OW)
7 Pod Brown (OW)
Chocolate Brain Strain (OW)
CPR (Butch T)
CPR (Moruga Welder)
Chocolate Lava (Duffy)
Chocolate Bhutlah SM
Chocolate Primo (Moruga Welder)
Chocolate BBG7 (Moruga Welder)
Chocolate Scorpion (Duffy)
7 Pot Douglah (White Hot Peppers)
7 Pot Gigantic SR Chocolate (Wicked Mike)
Big Black Mama
CP115
Chocolate Ghost x Jalapeno

Peach Ghost (Wicked Mike)
Peach Naga BBG7 (Duffy)
JPGS (White Hot Peppers)
MRM x 7 pot Brown Peachy x2 (Duffy)
MOA Scotch Bonnet CARDI x2 (Juanitos)
Bahamian Goat x2 (Moruga Welder)
Scotch Brain x2 (Juanitos)

Mustard Moruga Brain (Butch T)
Big Mustard Mama (Duffy)
Bhutlah Black X (White Hot Peppers)

Reaper (my strain - originally Puckerbutt)
Primo "X"
Primo x JPGS x2 (White Hot Peppers)
Ancaster Red Hab
El Jefe Jalapeno x2
BBG7 Large (OW)
Red Brainstrain (White Hot Peppers)
Primo x Butch t f5 (my stabilization project)

Black Scorpion Tongue (THSC)
Chilli Costa Rica Orange (THSC).

Cheers and happy grow season. 

Saving this JPGS x primo pod for seeds. Looks gnarly. Pods came out red on this plant.
d77648685e5c3ddb6fe8667d384d316d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BSH said:
Awesome! What do you put that jelly on? It sounds tasty and scary lol. I agree, that pod is crazy hot and very good tasting. I just harvested the last of them today for my sale tomorrow.
So far I have mainly used it to torture friends, family and co-workers , but usually we eat hot pepper jelly with cheese and crackers or melted Brie and baguette. Occasionally I will do a burger with hot pepper jelly and peanut butter, cheddar cheese. . Sounds weird but it is awesome.

That peachy pod jelly is really next level though. I have watched a few people try it now, and every one goes the same way. 2-3 seconds in they comment on how good it tastes. 4-5 secs in it mugs them with insane heat. About 20 to 30 seconds in they start to think they are getting a handle on the pain and then it just starts increasing again , complete disbelief and a look of utter panic. About a minute in and their gums start burning too. At about the 10 min mark it drops to a warm background hum.

That is only with a tiny bit on the tip of spoon and a warning from me to just have a tiny taste at first.
Only my Jamaican brother in law has gone back for a second taste.

How many pods did you put in that jelly? Lol. Sounds amazing. Growing that one again next year for sure.

I just made a jelly/jam, 2 lbs of white grapes, 2 lbs of strawberries, 8 reapers, 4 ghosts, 4 Caribbean red habs, and 3 ripe jalapenos. A couple spoonfuls of some raw unfiltered honey, about 12 cups of sugar, 2 cups of apple cider vinegar, and a cup of freshly squeezed lime juice.

I mixed 4 spoonfuls while it was still warm with a brick of cream cheese, and ate it on Ritz crackers. I never thought I would like pepper jelly, made it mainly out of boredom! I highly recommend making some kind of jam/jelly asap. Or I will send you a jar if you want.

BSH said:
How many pods did you put in that jelly? Lol. Sounds amazing. Growing that one again next year for sure.
half a cup finely chopped up in a single batch..  A batch yields about 4 cups.   So the jelly is basically 1/8 hot peppers. 

Reactions: BSH
Walchit said:
I just made a jelly/jam, 2 lbs of white grapes, 2 lbs of strawberries, 8 reapers, 4 ghosts, 4 Caribbean red habs, and 3 ripe jalapenos. A couple spoonfuls of some raw unfiltered honey, about 12 cups of sugar, 2 cups of apple cider vinegar, and a cup of freshly squeezed lime juice.

I mixed 4 spoonfuls while it was still warm with a brick of cream cheese, and ate it on Ritz crackers. I never thought I would like pepper jelly, made it mainly out of boredom! I highly recommend making some kind of jam/jelly asap. Or I will send you a jar if you want.
 Sounds delicious my friend...hard to say no to that offer :dance:

Ashen said:

half a cup finely chopped up in a single batch..  A batch yields about 4 cups.   So the jelly is basically 1/8 hot peppers. 

No wonder it is liquid fire!  I am selling the last bag of MRM peachies I have tomorrow and it will come with a stern warning lol.  Might get 15 off the plant I have before frost and maybe I will try a jelly.  You guys make it sound so good.

BSH said:
Saving this JPGS x primo pod for seeds. Looks gnarly. Pods came out red on this plant.
d77648685e5c3ddb6fe8667d384d316d.jpg

Excellent Jay's Ghost Scorpion, regardless of color. Definitely a seed-saver.

Reactions: BSH
The original recipe actually calls for 1/4 cup habanero and a 1/4 cup sweet red peppers. Bells or shepards.
We still make some lower end heat batches and the amp'd up versions are mainly for me and a Small group of friends, family, and co-workers who like the extreme burn. This batch though is going to be for a pretty exclusive club. My bro in law, myself and maybe 1 co-worker enjoy that heat range.

Ashen said:
Occasionally I will do a burger with hot pepper jelly and peanut butter, cheddar cheese. . Sounds weird but it is awesome.
Ashen, that's my favorite meal of ALL TIME, man. My wife thinks it's weird too, haha

The key is to put the peanut butter on the bottom bun, so the burger melts it. Then the burger, cheese, crispy BACON, and the hot pepper jelly on the top bun, so it makes the bacon nice and sweet. :party:

I eat them for breakfast sometimes too :rofl:

Man, I'm CRAVING one now!

I believe this may be my last haul. It's been a good season but hopefully the weather is better next year. Until then, happy growing! Starting another glog mid February. Thanks for following!
0dc1051a72a2e9a1e7f3f90511e02002.jpg

Back