• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Brown Moruga Scorpion! In DWC

I've come to love the Brown Moruga, it's flavor is awesome. So I decided to start one over the winter in a DWC hydroponic system, and it's doing great! I started it after my other winter seedlings and it is already a ton bigger than the other seedlings started weeks earlier.

I had knee surgery on Tuesday the 29th so I've not been able to look at it and just in those 5 days it has doubled maybe even tripled in size! I wanted to start this thread for individuals who are growing seedlings over the winter in hydroponics so they can post the results of how their plants are doing, what's working and what's not, and when we first get pods!

Here's a photo of mine so far!

10652508284_e065c318cb_c.jpg

It is man, putting it in soup or chili and it really shines through. I even made some chili for our church group with the Brown Moruga and they kept asking "Whats your secret spice", I told them that it was one of the hottest peppers out there, and I had put just the right amount of powder in there for the right amount of heat, they loved it. Judy would be proud! Her creation went to feed over 150 people!

Here's my dwc plant. I am not sure if I can reveal what variety it is though so I won't yet. I will say it is not released yet and it is a very hot pepper. And the initials are: M.A.D.C lol. Anyways here it is

I love this one, it's much easier than using a hole saw for the stand alone net pots.

Also the plant is a Matt Arthur Daisy Cutter. And no I can't give anything from it out lol

LawrenceJ2007 said:
Haha that's ok man, I'm sure they need some stabilization! What do they taste like?
I couldn't tell ya. I've never tasted one but from the YouTube videos I'm guessing hot lol

Exactly, I love new crosses. I just hate waiting to see what it's going to look like lol. I am thinking about taking the daisy cutter out though and replacing it with the Butch T 007. My 007 is already bigger and the roots would reach the water (unlike the daisy cutter) so the 007 would explode. The cutter will too once the roots reach the water but I'm tired of waiting for that to happen.

Yeah once I had roots hit water it just exploded. That's the best part is watching the transition from one seedling phase to the rapid growth haha.

Sorry if I'm intruding, but have the brown moruga been released yet, or are they just some sort of widespread "Preview" because AFAIK the place that invented them is Pepperlover, and I can't find seeds. I wonder this because I a seedling and several seeds sitting on a heat mat a few feet to my right at the moment. And if you get rid of that daisy cutter, I'll take it. ;) That thing looks nasty. I need to finish my aero system that I've been putting off, all I need are the support legs to hold up the net pod holders and I'm set.  You think maxibloom and maxigrow would be good nutes for aero, I use them for "Hydro"(more or less, as its a bowl of water with a net pot sittin' in it.)

Yeah they are from Judy! Send her an e-mail! She can sale you some seeds from there, they are awesome peppers that's for sure.

As for the nuts, those will be fine, just remember to use a lower amount of nutes for the aeroponics, they take lower amounts. Is it Low Pressure Aeroponics, or High Pressure Aeroponics?

Nice man, let us know how it goes!

Also if you need some seeds let me know I have a ton of them! Or Judy can set you up like i said!

I got mine from Judy at www.pepperlover.com . She's a great grower on here and the Brown Morugas are one of her creations, a good creation at that!

Back