• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Brown spots on new growth?

Milkshakes00 said:
I topped one of my plants a week or so ago, and now I've noticed that some of the new growth has some weird brown spotting going on.

Any ideas? Is it bacterial leaf spot or something? Anything I can do to help the plant?

Mine did this when it was killing the older leaves.
When i topped it killed the older leaves so it could make a branch out of that node. Or could be its not getting enough light so plant is killing it.

Could be BLS. I'm constantly hunting bad looking leaves like that, just to make sure it won't spread.

Zoli said:
Could be BLS. I'm constantly hunting bad looking leaves like that, just to make sure it won't spread.

There's a number of leaves that have it, but it's mostly the newest growth.. Should I remove them?

Milkshakes00 said:

There's a number of leaves that have it, but it's mostly the newest growth.. Should I remove them?
Can you post more pics?  I'm no expert but someone will show up and tell you.

Do not remove until after treatment for BLS. The plant will not like it if you do, it will just grow more BLS growth. This stuff killed my barrackpore.

Back