• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bubblegum 7 Pot Moruga Pod Review

BigRed12315 said:
No I don't swallow the ultrahots anymore. I don't need it tearing my stomach apart
Good man.

After a short burst of cap cramps last night i can fully understand the angle of your spadangle.
And LOL, i am growing these this season and you gone made me scairt. That thing lit you up good!

Nova said:
Good man.

After a short burst of cap cramps last night i can fully understand the angle of your spadangle.

And LOL, i am growing these this season and you gone made me scairt. That thing lit you up good!
HAHA "the angle of you spadangle" dude, you made me laugh out loud. Thanks for watching bro! 

actually lately I've been eating parts of the different peppers leaving out the seeds and placenta but swallowing it lol.

Well, what this lacked in information, it certainly made up for in entertainment.

Was curious, is there a reason for the 1:30 chew? Was that part of the challenge, or an arbitrary limit you use?

Cheers

UrbanNoir75 said:
Well, what this lacked in information, it certainly made up for in entertainment.

Was curious, is there a reason for the 1:30 chew? What that part of the challenge, or an arbitrary limit you use?

Cheers
The 1:30 minute chew is something I just wanted to do. Since I don't swallow it, I want to chew it longer than most people 

BigRed12315 said:
The 1:30 minute chew is something I just wanted to do. Since I don't swallow it, I want to chew it longer than most people 
That makes sense. You could probably get away with a minute chew, since anyone really doing limits usually caps it at 30 seconds. I've seen all sorts of rules that seem somewhat arbitrary. One that makes sense is how long you can hold out after contact before reaching for relief/milk, etc. That's always been my thing. I can endure the pod for a bit, but how long can I go without dousing the fire? I don't usually make it longer than a minute before crying for mama with anything over 1.5 mill shu.

You were smart not to swallow that one! I have several Bubblegum plants that put off the same kind of pods, no calyx or bleeding of. They look just like your pod. I never eat whole Super-Hots, usually just one eighth to a quarter with placenta and seeds removed. And I chew them as long as I can before swallowing, just to try to get some sort of flavor profile. I’m always amazed at how so little can be so hot.

This is the only pepper this season that really hurt me. It felt like a hot piece burning coal going down my throat into my stomach. Once in my stomach I felt like I had 2nd degree burns in my throat and stomach for two days. It hurt to eat anything and I got some nasty cramps. It really messed me up. It was at that point in time I really wondered how the experts do this with any kind of consistency. I even questioned whether or not it was all some kind of illusion, like a magic trick, just to get poor souls like you and me to think it is possible.

I have also had slices of Bubblegum (with large calyx and some red bleeding), Jays Peach Bhut, 7pot SR, SBJ7, 7pot Burgundy, Bhut Jolokia, Jigsaw, TS Moruga Yellow and Yellow Brainstrain, and all had various levels of pain, but none even came close to this one for me. Glad to see you survived. 

SL3 said:
You were smart not to swallow that one! I have several Bubblegum plants that put off the same kind of pods, no calyx or bleeding of. They look just like your pod. I never eat whole Super-Hots, usually just one eighth to a quarter with placenta and seeds removed. And I chew them as long as I can before swallowing, just to try to get some sort of flavor profile. I’m always amazed at how so little can be so hot.

This is the only pepper this season that really hurt me. It felt like a hot piece burning coal going down my throat into my stomach. Once in my stomach I felt like I had 2nd degree burns in my throat and stomach for two days. It hurt to eat anything and I got some nasty cramps. It really messed me up. It was at that point in time I really wondered how the experts do this with any kind of consistency. I even questioned whether or not it was all some kind of illusion, like a magic trick, just to get poor souls like you and me to think it is possible.

I have also had slices of Bubblegum (with large calyx and some red bleeding), Jays Peach Bhut, 7pot SR, SBJ7, 7pot Burgundy, Bhut Jolokia, Jigsaw, TS Moruga Yellow and Yellow Brainstrain, and all had various levels of pain, but none even came close to this one for me. Glad to see you survived.
Now,I know am growing these for sure.

Reactions: SL3
Back