• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

lighting Budget Lighting

I do apologize for responding to a post about something I had written, my bad. I definitely wasn't being sensitive about it, I was pointing out in a sarcastic way that something which is beneficial but completely unnecessary is a contradiction in itself. Obviously lost or not understood.

Ok I hope those type of rules apply to EVERYONE who uses this site by the way. Oh and thank you for answering my question even in an indirect manner. I'll close my case.

Those rules don't apply to me .

Collected the £5 eBay table and reduced the size. Sat the light set up on top, and affixed the £1 reflective tent, with about £7 worth of sticky tape :-)

It all seems to works,however, I am a little dubious as to whether the 16watt light is enough......

I'd say you are going to need more lights. It may suffice for baby peppers but as soon as you start getting some leafs you're going to need more light looks like.

I'd say you are going to need more lights. It may suffice for baby peppers but as soon as you start getting some leafs you're going to need more light looks like.

Looks like I'm going to be upgrading to 2ft tubes then :confused:

The upside is, the plants are showing signs of improvement after just a few days.....

That's good! No more than what you have there I'd say a little more lighting would work for now. There are many other factors to determine growth but lighting is a crucial element.

The next choice will be;

1) Stick with the twin 2ft fitting with "White" 3500k tubes I already have spare

2) Buy a new single 2ft fitting, and "daylight" 6000k tube

3) Buy a new twin 2ft fitting, and two "daylight" 6000k tubes

I've now gone one stage further.....

In addition to the 16watt 2D light, I've made another tent underneath the table also.

I've fixed up my existing Twin Fluorescent fitting and tubes, to see what results I get.

In the end, the 2D 16watt light worked - but not well enough.... I felt the spread of light wasn't enough and was dubious about the power. As mentioned above by spicy_echo, an upgrade became due.

So, I upgraded to the twin 2ft fitting, and two "daylight" 6000k tubes.

Which I'm very happy with, and have not spent more than I wanted :-)

If you can get an e27 to 2xe27 splitter, you can concentrate your light and keep your plants from getting too leggy. a la this set up:
Is modular, so you can go smaller

Holy cow! How many watts are each CFL? I count 36 CFLs which should be between ~400-800W. Any reason you haven't gone with a HID light?

Back