• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests bug/eggs id please

Hi

About 3 weeks ago I got all my plants inside, even though some of them were full of aphids. There were a few ladybugs between them also, so I thought I should let them figure out between themselves for a while.

After this, I went away until yesterday (asked someone to come from time to time and water them, but offcourse they overdid it and some plants I may very well lose from overwatering). When I returned, there were close to no aphids anymore, but there were a lot of egg-like looking things on the leaves, buds and also fruits. They were concentrated somewhat like aphids (mostly on new growth, that is, in clusters.

Got some pictures, but they didn't turn out as good as I expected:

qsog.jpg

3vwp.jpg

58vl.jpg

Does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them (if needed)?

Thanks!

NOT ladybug eggs.
Can't really tell but they almost look like parasitised aphids.
Aphid wasps...
Kinda spread out for eggs.
Most critters lay eggs close together in clusters.

Maybe put a leaf or 2 in a jar to see what hatches.

That's really tough for me to tell as well. I agree that there is a high chance of parasitized aphids. Look closely for little legs as dead aphids typically die in place and leave a shell like a Katydid.

Searched online for pictures of dead (mummy) aphids and they do look kind of similar to what I have. Also, I found flying around (and also a few dead) some little things that maybe are the wasps themselves. Took a pic which also did not turn out that well (they are REALLY small)

3pb7.jpg

Thanks for the input!

Back