• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bumper's Glog

Figured I would set up my own thread rather than photobomb everyone else's.  Just finishing setting up a new grow tent,  so will post some pics of the plants outside and the new set up over the next few days.  Cheers, Bumper.  

Haven't posted in here for a while.  Here's a pick of my overwintering red bhut and red habanero, getting a little natural light and rain as the weather was a bit milder a few weeks ago.  Grow tent is getting full.  I'll get a small harvest off them and then cut them back to make some room for the seedlings that are getting bigger.  They had a little calcium deficiency, cal-mag sorted that out quick smart.  Three gallon pots.  

Attachments

• IMG_0799.jpg
    IMG_0799.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0800.jpg
    IMG_0800.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0801.jpg
    IMG_0801.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 44
A month since the last update.  I bit the bullet and cut the bhut and hab back to make room for the new season plants and because I had to get control over those little green bastards.  

Some pics of the state of grow at Bumper's place.  4 months from plant out.  There is one more tray to move through, no pics as they are stems and two leaves - thai, red bhuts, peach 7 pot and filomena.  

IMG_0862.JPG
The cut back plants loaded with fresh growth. The aji lemon drops and tobasco are now playing with the big boys.  

IMG_0864.jpg
One of the aji lemon drops, losing the last of its baby leaves and putting on a nice canopy.  

The up and comers:  goats, amarillo, jamaican gold, purple ufo, reaper.  
IMG_0861.jpg

Very nice looking plants. Looks like your grow is ready for the season. Those were awesome looking OW's you have. They have plenty of time to bounce back.

Good luck on your grow.

OCD Chilehead said:
Very nice looking plants. Looks like your grow is ready for the season. Those were awesome looking OW's you have. They have plenty of time to bounce back.

Good luck on your grow.
Thanks!

Those 2 are going in 20 gallon grow bags this year, I'm hoping they go gangbusters with the new root room.  

Just potted up the aji lemons and the tobasco, and an aji amarillo ahead of the pack from another tray.  Little lemon pods coming through now, should fatten up nicely with the extra room for the roots.  Sacrificed a couple of the smaller plants, damn that is tough to do. 

IMG_0866.JPG

IMG_0867.jpg

Aji Amarillo appears to be a very popular variety within the Chili faternity .... a great looking tall plant .... completely understand about culling the under developed never an easy job but it's all about the space you have

All the best

Trident chilli said:
Aji Amarillo appears to be a very popular variety within the Chili faternity .... a great looking tall plant .... completely understand about culling the under developed never an easy job but it's all about the space you have

All the best
Thanks Trident! I tried an amarillo pod from the hippy seed company and was instantly hooked. Lemon seems to get a good rap too.  The tall one in the photo is a tobasco, which has finally branched out, it is going to need a good triple stake this season I think.  

Here's a pick of the more mature plants after a good dose of pyrethrum to keep the damn aphids at bay.  Flowers and pods in winter!! Just ate my first fresh lemon drop, fantastic straight off the plant (picked before pyrethrum lol).  The aji amarillo doesn't seem to like the indoor lights too much, I guess it is conflicting with its desire to stretch up high.  Still healthy though.  The red habanero is loaded with flowers.

Another dozen smaller plants still inside
IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0896.JPG

IMG_0898.JPG

Very nice crop coming you way Bumper! How do you go up there in September? Safe to plant out mid month or leave in pots for a little longer?

Burnzy said:
Very nice crop coming you way Bumper! How do you go up there in September? Safe to plant out mid month or leave in pots for a little longer?
We can get frosts right up until November.  I have a part of the garden that is frost protected, so they will go out mid to late september, but not into their big pots and ground until november

I thought I should update the grow list. 

I have 

4 aji lemon drop
4 aji amarillo
1 tabasco
2 jamaican gold
2 carolina reaper
1 purple ufo
7 bahamian goat (thought I had 3 in the second round of seedlings - losing count!)
5 red thai
1 filomena (no other seeds sprouted dammit)
4 red bhut 
1 red jonah
1 red bhut second year
1 red habanero second year

Long time no update.  Many extra plants were given new homes, some pics of the first pods setting, and a hive on the move that came through a couple of weeks ago..  

Some of the garden - bonsai and chillies

IMG_0983.JPG

Aji amarillo, I have three plants and about 25 pods with load of flowers coming on
IMG_0979.JPG

Thai
IMG_0981.JPG

Bahamian goat pepper
IMG_0984.JPG

reaper
IMG_0982.JPG

bees on the peach tree ( sorry should have rotated it lol)
IMG_0978.JPG

Red Bhuts
IMG_0980.JPG

Lots of others, but will take some more later.  

tsurrie said:
Looking good ...

After seeing these pictures I can't wait to sow some in about two months :)
It really is a buzz isn't it.  I get up in the morning, make a cup of coffee and head out into the chilli garden and check out each of them.  We have 4 1/2 to 5 months of our season here to go, can't wait to see where these get to by then. 

Back