• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant bumpy peppers on a fuzzy leaved plant

I have a bumpy fruited plant with kind of fuzzy leaves----not as fuzzy as my roco though.

unk front row peppers.jpg

Anyone have an Idea? I would appreciate any help you could provide.

unk front row plant.jpg

Anyone have an Idea? I would appreciate any help you could provide.

I agree with millworkman on it being a C. Pubescens. The plant appears a little worse for wear. Do you recall sowing any black chilli seeds?

It is for sure a Pubescens type. Can't tell you for sure even after ripening up to a color since there are just so many.

Those pods are the ugliest of the C. Pubescens I have seen.

Those pods are the ugliest of the C. Pubescens I have seen.

Harry. Not shy from speaking his opinion. :lol:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;) I actually think they are a unique and quite interesting shape for a pube. They have a bit of an annuum look to 'em (something like Pimientos de Padron).

I'm feeling it! :cool:

Well it is dead up here in northern Wisconsin and this is as far as it got this year----I saved some seeds from one pod that had a tiny itty bitty microscopic spot that was a little yellow on the stem area and the seeds were a gray----like they were trying to get black.

Here is the ones that I planted 2012
http://www.tradewindsfruitstore.com
559 Manzano Pepper, Orange - Capsicum pubescens NO SEEDS LEFT So got some from onefowl1
1164 Manzano Pepper, Red - Capsicum pubescens
1165 Manzano Pepper, Yellow - Capsicum pubescens
2936 Rocotillo Pepper - Capsicum chinense

http://www.tomatogrowers.com
#9499 - Rocotillo

From onefowl1 I was graciously given:
Capsicum pubescens Manzano orange Pi 1441654
and
Capsicum chacoense Wild pepper

Hendrix1325 sent me
Capsicum pubescens Manzano orange

From biscgolf I Was given the following:
orange Hab (pepperlover)
Aji Hab (Smokemaster)
Lons Chocolate Hab
Chocolate Hab (M.Diamond)
Caribbean Red Hab
Thanks John Biscoe at
Glenburnie Farm Produce Co

Lucky Dog sent me
Rocoto RoJo (red)

that is all I got that might be the pepper type.
Thanks

Well it is dead up here in northern Wisconsin and this is as far as it got this year----I saved some seeds from one pod that had a tiny itty bitty microscopic spot that was a little yellow on the stem area and the seeds were a gray----like they were trying to get black.

What you have described is the appearance of immature C. Pubescens seeds.

Here is the ones that I planted 2012
http://www.tradewindsfruitstore.com
559 Manzano Pepper, Orange - Capsicum pubescens NO SEEDS LEFT So got some from onefowl1
1164 Manzano Pepper, Red - Capsicum pubescens
1165 Manzano Pepper, Yellow - Capsicum pubescens

I would generally expect people to only use Manzano to describe certain Apple shaped Capsicum Pubescens varieties. I see now though that one of pods in a photo of Trade Winds Fruit's Manzano Pepper, Yellow resembles the odd shape of your unripe green pods. Their Manzano Pepper, Orange and Manzano Pepper, Red photos depict smooth apple shaped pods.

From onefowl1 I was graciously given:
Capsicum pubescens Manzano orange Pi 1441654

PI 1441654 contains a superfluous leading digit of 1 actually referred to a Capsicum praetermissium PI 441654 sourced from PepperLover. It doesn't make sense to see something described as Capsicum pubescens manzano orange and PI 1441654. Photos from onefowl1 may clear this up.

Hendrix1325 sent me
Capsicum pubescens Manzano orange

I would, as mentioned above, expect an orange Manzano to have a different shape to your pods. Digging up a photo by Hendrix1325 may help.

Lucky Dog sent me
Rocoto RoJo (red)

Rocoto Rojo is the final candidate from your list. I haven't been able to find any photos via a post search of the forum.

What you have described is the appearance of immature C. Pubescens seeds.

I would generally expect people to only use Manzano to describe certain Apple shaped Capsicum Pubescens varieties. I see now though that one of pods in a photo of Trade Winds Fruit's Manzano Pepper, Yellow resembles the odd shape of your unripe green pods. Their Manzano Pepper, Orange and Manzano Pepper, Red photos depict smooth apple shaped pods.

PI 1441654 contains a superfluous leading digit of 1 actually referred to a Capsicum praetermissium PI 441654 sourced from PepperLover. It doesn't make sense to see something described as Capsicum pubescens manzano orange and PI 1441654. Photos from onefowl1 may clear this up.

I would, as mentioned above, expect an orange Manzano to have a different shape to your pods. Digging up a photo by Hendrix1325 may help.

Rocoto Rojo is the final candidate from your list. I haven't been able to find any photos via a post search of the forum.

Thanks for the correction on the PI numbers----I probably screwed up transcribing the numbers----I am getting old and senial.

If I understand you correctly {harry} you are thinking that it is the Yellow Manazno from tradewinds----maybe----I hope to tell in a few months cause I left one pod on the plant and the plant is now in the house----If I don't forget to water the beast!!!!

thanks a lot all

Back