• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

No way I could eat 2 doube doubles animal style.

And animal fries on top of that?

Thats way more food than I can eat.

And more temptation than I can resist.

I'm single cheese animal style no lettuce.

And well done animal fries.

I can barely finish that.

mrs. blues is cheese mustard and pickles only.

And regular fries.

INO regular fries.

mrs. blues can go to hell as far as I'm concerned!

The regular INO fries are limp like deep fried wash clothes.

You gotta' crisp those babies up!

She never listens to me though.

Which makes mrs. blues pretty fucking smart.

The Hot Pepper said:
Nah, no preview. Just Slider Saturday. This ain't takin' Sum down but it's tasty.

You gotta start with the right bun. Dig.

attachicon.gif
slider_buns.jpg

Next up get your burger topping going (jalapenos, vidalias, olive oil, dash of red wine vinegar, sea salt). Saute until soft.

attachicon.gif
burger_topping.jpg

Grill up the sliders (ground chuck patties with various dried peppers, sea salt) with a hit of olive oil to attract the flame, to a perfect MR. Two thick slices of Extra sharp Vermont cheddar. Toast the buns.

attachicon.gif
sliders_grilling.jpg

Assemble the bad boys with:
Peach habanero jam on top bun.
Burger topping on top of cheese.
Roasted (on grill) Roma tomatoes
Garlic dill

attachicon.gif
sliders.jpg

Money

attachicon.gif
slider_cut.jpg

Jus' cuz

I found this.

THP burger.

And no lettuce.

It seems you DO cook after all.

I'd eat at your table.

you made my mouth water lol.

dat peach jam on the cheddar, i remember! :)

You got old a long time ago.

I once sent you a box of sauce.

You never got it.

I looked up the zip and you told me a totally different town.

:lol:

The Hot Pepper said:
You got old a long time ago.

I once sent you a box of sauce.

You never got it.

I looked up the zip and you told me a totally different town.

:lol:

Guilty as charged.

Some days I don't remember some 'thangs.

Other days.

I don't remember forgetting what I forgot to remember.

I do remember you sending me some stuff several times.

I do remember it all being wonderful.

Whatever it was.

THP.

Wonderful.

Because.

What were we talking about?

The Hot Pepper said:
oh hell no i wrote that in Texambic Pentameter 

Negative.

You wrote it like people talk to each other.

In real life.

Like you and me.

You and I both had 7th grade english teachers.

You and I.

Were and still are.

Smarter than them.

True story.

The Hot Pepper said:
oh hell no i wrote that in Texambic Pentameter 

texas blues said:

Negative.

You wrote it like people talk to each other.

In real life.

Like you and me.

You and I both had 7th grade english teachers.

You and I.

Were and still are.

Smarter than them.

True story.

and here i thought yall were just making it line up conveniently while using a phoane or something
:think:  or maybe just really like trying to sound like christopher walken when you read it back in your head  :metal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7z57qrZU8

texas blues said:
I'm not Christopher Walken.

And I really....

Don't talk.

LIke him.

He's an actor.

I'm just some guy.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
William Shatner then :lol:

i have no idea how you talk, or how you interpret how i talk
we are both jus some guy

if i interpret your texts; as i read it, in a; Walken, or Shatner style, i  say this with compliment, as i do really enjoy the way they speak :)

:cheers:

Back