• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

Perhaps I've just been per-conditioned to believe that a good o' burger needs
greens. I've oftentimes put spinach on a BLT or a burger. I'll definitely take your
lettuce-less lessons to heart and experiment.

How do the snobs feel about chili on a burger?

I'm okay with green stuff on a burger, as long as it's not cold leafy stuff. Freshly-made guac, for example, can be added without being chilled first, and there are other green things that work well, too.

But total BLEH on iceberg....

And just to be clear it has nothing to do with disliking greens in general. It has to do with a burger, and the way the flavors meld, textures, temps (as geeme mentions) etc. The veg has to taste good warm cuz it will warm up... and that actually makes them taste better, like warm pickles and onion, better than cold on a burger, right? But when that lettuce warms up... yuck. And if it's cold, it's a thick layer of lettuce, yuck. It also does not meld like the other veg and is more of a barrier than letting the burger become one. Anywho it's all preference but we self-proclaimed burger snobs are funny like that, sometimes we are purists and minimalists and sometimes we dig the extreme towers of burger, but that tower must not have lettuce. :lol:

Chili and guac are Kool and the Gang. :D

Jayt those sauteed mushrooms look so good! Love my mushrooms on my burgers!

Ok so after going through all these pictures..I'm craving a burger.. I'm not sure if its the baby talking or me..but I want a few of these burgers..onion straws.. Grilled onions..sauteed mushrooms..oh my!

I still had burger fixings leftover from the TD cook yesterday. And after looking at everyone's entries, I was still burger hungry, so I figured I'd go again today. No sense in wasting good ground beef and whatnot. Same concept as the BoreSnake, but not stuffed. I just put sliced habs under the cheese. I overcooked these a tad, and undermelted the cheese a tad, but they were still great!

DSCF0635.jpg

DSCF0636.jpg

Balls I'll be the first one to admit my burgers don't all come out looking hotter than J-Lo's thong. Sure its a bit overdone and the scheeze not super wombat melty but....

we'll take it!!

I also like to be liking some roasted corn too.

Don't forget y'all.

Post up all your stinkin' practice veggie burgers up in here.

BBQ'ed and smoked a few burgers..

i know this one got too much greenery for many burger fans.. but i grow a lot of vegetables... so here we go

200g beef patty with smoked chiles, parsely, chives, garlic and onions, salt.

my own pickled ghurkins (with jalapeño)
my own mustard with zanahoria triangulo (chinense) and honey
grilled pineapple
emmental cheese
ketchup
various of my own chili sauces
my own grown onions, RAW for flavour
"muchamiel" tomatoes from a neighbours garden
smoked bacon
lettuce mix with cabbage and grated carrot.

click on the photo for a close up!

Ain't had my burger groove on only once this past month. Poo!

mrs. blues wants sliders for July 4th.

I shall kindly oblige her.

Blue scheeze and pickled peno's on mine.

On July 4th, burgers are mandatorious at The Blues Casa.

Looking forward to it TB. I am in need of some burger love as well. I am going to recreate something you should know well, the Animal Burger.

GRRRRR!!!!!! :)

Must be in the stars or something...I just picked up some ground beef at the store yesterday! Same craving!!!!!!

Back