• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Burgled

Just realized yesterday that my detached garage got busted into! Went in to get the brand new Craftsman weed trimmer and noticed everything was moved around. Asked the wife. She said she moved nothing. She just grabbed a spade out, but had to bend down and reach for it. Then I realized it was gone! About 1/2 hour later Laura, my wife, asks me where the Black & Decker hedge trimmer is! I said garage. I run to garage and it's F'n gone. So I go back into the house all pissed off about losing those 2 things then start thinking!!!!! Why was there so much space for me to walk around in the garage? I'm in my kitchen and scream MOWER!!!!!!!! I run back out to garage and it's F'n gone!!!!!! My big ass gas powered TORO mower is gone.... Me and my buddy from New York are gonna be hittin' up the flea markets in the next few days or weeks..... If I find anybody with my stuff they will wish they were dead!!!!!!!!!! I have all the serial numbers............:mad:

ohhhhhhhhhnooooo!! that is terrible!! did you have insurance to cover it all? thats just low.. some people are just fleas..

Set up some claymores and bait them. I hate thieves they should have at least one hand chopped off.

sorry to hear that Scarpetti...

don't do in rage something you will regret man....

Pawn shops....

scarpetti,

I have stayed in your neighbourhood in San Leandro and I know how it is over there man.
Take it easy and keep your cool buddy. Those oakland scum ain't better then vermins.

Did you call the police and file a report? I know they probably arent much help in this matter but i did that last year when my mountain bike was stolen and when i found it 2 months later locked up out front of a supermarket i called the cops and gave the officer who showed up my case number and he immediately handed my bike over to me and busted the motherf**ker who had it.

That sucks I have had shit stolen form me twice. Once from my neighbors kid when the neighbor was watching the house and another time when the neghbors across the street let there heroin addict son come back and live with them while I was on vacation. -- keep your cool and hopefully the detectives are better than ours are

Novacastrian said:
Set up some claymores and bait them. I hate thieves they should have at least one hand chopped off.

You know, that's what sharia law is all about, dude. Done all the time in Saudi Arabia (hand cutting) and people still steal stuff.

That definitely sucks. :(

File a police report. Might not do much immediately, but you never know. If they are caught you can get your stuff back and ask for the book to be thrown at them.

If on the odd chance you do find the numpties that did pilfer the goods, Make them eat 20 superhot pods...then laxative...lock them in a room...but give them no toilet paper....then open the door and say :Sharia Law or a week of this treatment! :hell:

Getting ripped off sucks, but don't do anything that will get you locked up, just do your best not to get caught...

Thanks all! It sucks. The police finally came out 24 hours after I called, but got the report on file. No insurance on it, which sucks. I guess I need to get on that. And I love the claymore idea! My wife's first idea was to booby trap the garage! And Oakland is full of scumbag vermins. The raccoons in my yard that I hate are better than the people here. But it's all relative. When I lived in Martinez and Concord California it was the cranksters I had to deal with. And don't worry AJ. I won't do it in a rage. I hope. Wait who am I kidding! If I find the perp I won't be able to hold back!!!!! Somebody PLEASE HOLD ME BACK!!!!!

Dude, I know how you feel. I had my car broken into while I was sleeping over Christmas break. Mother f@*&ers stole my GPS. There is nothing I hate more than a thief.

jacob

Careful with the booby trap thing. Chances are (specially in your state) the burgular may sue you if you harm him with a booby trap.

sorry to hear that a POS thieve stole from you. most thieves wont bring the stolen stuff to a pawn shop cuz of the serial numbers (except for the dumb ones) they'll sell the stuff to people they know or trade it for whatever.
even if you do find your stuff, it doesnt mean the person that has it was the person that stole it & they could of thought they bought something legit & not stolen.

how they get your stuff, left doors open ? kicked door open ?

That sucks man. Sounds like a landscaper/thief...

Hit the pawn shops hard after 30 days too. Some hold on to the $hit that long before they put it up for sale. Done a lotta workin the beach areas and had plenty of stuff snagged myself. Hope you find something out.

It had to have been a landscaper! We also had a clay pot with our front yard hose snagged. My neighbor lost a potted plant.
Paulky, it to freaking cold in the garage! Hey, at least they didn't grab my sleeping bags or tent!! So maybe I will do that.
Mjdtexan, you are so right. California, especially the Bay Area sucks. The criminals have more rights than the law abiding citizen.

Oh and Boutros, I'm hitting the big flea markets tomorrow and Saturday. I just searched through Craigslist tonight. No luck.

Back