• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

burn? disease? This just showed up in the last two days

This is a Ywllow 7 pot X yellow scorpion plant, its been doing great up until a couple days ago, when part of the plant began exhibiting symptoms. Yellowing/brown spots, flower buds shriveling up:

SeuBBZZ.jpg

Q0VJp0K.jpg

QOqr1i0.jpg

yeah thats sawdust id added to the top to try keeping the pH balanced... before i read that adding sawdust like that doesnt really do anything lol, the soil mix itself drains fine, and i havent watered in 4 days

wow that species sound familiar where did you get the seeds????LOL

it looks like black spot fungal infection any number of cures will work like Bonide,Ortho etc
i would remove the infected leaves asap

thanks your friend Joe

Haha it should Joe, its one of yours ;)  im glad i had the chance to get seeds from you before you closed up shop. Thanks for the advice as well, ill clip those affected and try treating it as soon as i can

edit: oh yeah, would that cause the buds to shirvel and drop the way they are? kind of blurry in the pics but you can see theyre brown and dead hanging off the plant

yeah i figured i remember sending you those seeds i have one plant this year i decided to grow just for the heck of it, the fruit looks really cool on this one

yeah it might cause enough stress that the buds will shrivel and drop, but you still have time once you can get the disease issue solved she'll be right ;)

send pics of the plant later so we can see how shes doing and maybe pods too

thanks your friend Joe

i dont believe so, but im not 100% i asked the guy i got it from if it was treated or stained he said no, its mainly pine. some fraction of the wood could have been though. none of the other plants are showing symptoms of stress (from the sawdust) as far as i can tell anyways

i will definitely post some pics of this and some other pods later on when i get em. Also experimenting with my first cross attempt, so if the flowers i crossed dont drop ill get to plant out some seeds and see if it worked (by next year?)

gourdmaster said:
i dont believe so, but im not 100% i asked the guy i got it from if it was treated or stained he said no, its mainly pine. some fraction of the wood could have been though. none of the other plants are showing symptoms of stress (from the sawdust) as far as i can tell anyways

i will definitely post some pics of this and some other pods later on when i get em. Also experimenting with my first cross attempt, so if the flowers i crossed dont drop ill get to plant out some seeds and see if it worked (by next year?)
the reason he is asking if the sawdust is from pressure treat lumber is because there is cyanide and nickel in the wood both of which of course you prolly know  highly poisonous and could be taken up by the plant and transferred to who ever eats the fruit
that if in indeed that's what it is
remove it and re pot that plant asap

thanks your friend Joe

yeah, i went and asked the guy i got it from today to be sure and he does not use treated wood so im fine on that. I am also very much broke, so i tried some diluted hydrogen peroxide and wet the plant down. if the leaves are still wet in a bit ill dry them off. Thanks for the help, ill get some pictures up of everything in a week or two, ill have to have to dig up my glog and post everything there

gourdmaster said:
yeah, i went and asked the guy i got it from today to be sure and he does not use treated wood so im fine on that. I am also very much broke, so i tried some diluted hydrogen peroxide and wet the plant down. if the leaves are still wet in a bit ill dry them off. Thanks for the help, ill get some pictures up of everything in a week or two, ill have to have to dig up my glog and post everything there
ok

Back